49ers Stats and Observations

Forge

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think that makes sense because that's probably what they actually played at their respective positions. I just think the pressure rates covering the entirety of their play rather than each position individually 

But when there are 1040 LT snaps, 1094 LG, 1096 C, 1048 RG and 1091 RT.

9 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

But when there are 1040 LT snaps, 1094 LG, 1096 C, 1048 RG and 1091 RT.

Ohhh...interesting. I didn't count them up. Curious. Wonder if there are just some random less than ten types that Lombardi didn't show. Or maybe it's just a package issue in terms of things like Jumbo sets with 7 or 8 linemen.   Or.....it's possible we played some downs with only 4 linemen. I saw the offensive line play and I can't rule this out. 

There are some interesting things going on here:

• I thought Kinlaw applied more pressure than what is shown here. Especially as the season went on. 
  • The same goes for Givens, but I could be confusing his run stopping ability where he was seemingly in the backfield all the time.
  • The Willis trade seems like a mild success. I'd say he's worth deal from us this season to see if he can build off of this with Kocurek for a full offseason.
  • Barrett, what?! I'll admit, I was not paying attention to Barrett at all this season, so I'm prone to think his playing time is garbage time, but with the injuries this season, I could be very wrong.
  • Bosa is a man amongst boys.

This part is probably more for the draft thread, but I'd really love to see us draft an EDGE to fill the void left by Hyder and Ford. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

There are some interesting things going on here:

• I thought Kinlaw applied more pressure than what is shown here. Especially as the season went on. 
  • The same goes for Givens, but I could be confusing his run stopping ability where he was seemingly in the backfield all the time.
  • The Willis trade seems like a mild success. I'd say he's worth deal from us this season to see if he can build off of this with Kocurek for a full offseason.
  • Barrett, what?! I'll admit, I was not paying attention to Barrett at all this season, so I'm prone to think his playing time is garbage time, but with the injuries this season, I could be very wrong.
  • Bosa is a man amongst boys.

This part is probably more for the draft thread, but I'd really love to see us draft an EDGE to fill the void left by Hyder and Ford. 

Alex Barrett!!! Monster! lol. 

The Kinlaw thing doesn't surprise me. During the draft, most people will probably remember that he wasn't one of my favorites. Not a knock on him, I thought the draft spot was about right, but out of that second tier of players, he was last on my list mainly due to the position. His role and position just isn't going to generate a ton of pressure. The idea that he was a replacement for Buckner never meshed. He had a better rookie season than I could have hoped for tbh, but he's not going to be a guy that generates double digit sacks. I think he may hit like 8 or something in a year or two, but I've never been a subscriber to the idea he was going to be Chris Jones or Defo. 

I am with you on the Givens thing...thought he was more effective than that. 

Also, this should make people feel good about AA given how often he had to be on the edge. 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Alex Barrett!!! Monster! lol. 

The Kinlaw thing doesn't surprise me. During the draft, most people will probably remember that he wasn't one of my favorites. Not a knock on him, I thought the draft spot was about right, but out of that second tier of players, he was last on my list mainly due to the position. His role and position just isn't going to generate a ton of pressure. The idea that he was a replacement for Buckner never meshed. He had a better rookie season than I could have hoped for tbh, but he's not going to be a guy that generates double digit sacks. I think he may hit like 8 or something in a year or two, but I've never been a subscriber to the idea he was going to be Chris Jones or Defo. 

I am with you on the Givens thing...thought he was more effective than that. 

Also, this should make people feel good about AA given how often he had to be on the edge. 

AA should definitely play inside more. And being next to Kinlaw would benefit him a lot. Kinlaw probably will never be a sack guy, and I don't think that's truly something that was expected of him. But he can certainly disrupt what offensive lines try to do to us. And through that disruption, a guy like AA can reap the rewards. Nick Bosa doesn't need help to manufacture pressure. AA, he does a little. So the real important thing is having someone on the other end that will make AA play inside almost exclusively.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Those outside zone running schemes and our scheme in general where the OL have to pull as much will lead to holding calls. Not surprised at all, especially seeing GB and Minny on the list as well. 

Not really about actually holding more its just more visible on those outside runs.

13 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Not really about actually holding more its just more visible on those outside runs.

Yep, but it's all about timing and when it is a bit off, you could see those holding calls more clearly. I want to see how many of those were from the run game opposed to on passing downs. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Those outside zone running schemes and our scheme in general where the OL have to pull as much will lead to holding calls. Not surprised at all, especially seeing GB and Minny on the list as well. 

2 hours ago, Justone2 said:

Barrows agrees. I stole your convo to see his thoughts

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

It took me a while to figure out how this works and I don't think I fully get it, but once I saw Allen's numbers I realized anything in red is terrible lol. 8.27 yds allowed per snap? Holy crap LOL. I know it was only one game, and not even a half, but man that was terrible.

Harris' numbers are terrible. Like he can't cover and he is missing tackles at a 10% rate?? What the heck?

Ward on the other hand? Dude is good, REALLY good. Doesn't miss tackles and doesn't allow much in coverage. If he would just force a few more turnovers, he would be in everyone's top 5-7 safety list. K'waun Missed tackles at that big of a rate? Interesting, sure didn't seem so. And lawd are Johnson's numbers TERRIBLE. How is this man still in the league??? And Moseley didn't have a good season himself. Still the type of player you want to keep around but more of a back up that can step in for some games if the starter gets injured. Verrett was just awesome all around, hell of a player. Would love to bring him back if possible.