49ers Stats and Observations

Forge

1 hour ago, Justone2 said:

Oh i am not blaming Bosa for all this at all. May seem like it from my post but when i look at Armstead and Bosa and how they are against the run it doesn't suprise me teams have more succes runing to Bosa's side over Armstead's. Besides that if my memory serves me right Al-Shaair is usually on that side as well which also adds something. 

Thing is though that Bosa's style of play can be overaggresive and teams can take advantage of it which is something the defense has to account for because its also the reason he is so dangerous as a pass rusher.

Mmmmmm...this doesn't pan out. Bosa actually has the MOST TFLs on the team, according to ESPN at 16.5. Remember, tackles for loss implies the ball carrier is NOT the QB and therefore is against a running play. 

Armstead is 2nd with 13.5 TFLs.

Where Bosa HAS struggled is staying home with a greased midget QB juking him out of his shoes (credit to @oldman9er for that term).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nayad said:

What are your fellas thoughts on the role Earl Mitchell will have. How many snaps do we expect? what situations will he be on and off the field for? 

He's not expected to be in football shape, so the thought it he'll probably see around 15 snaps. If the team can keep Minnesota to only 60 snaps of offense, that would be about 25%. If they're quality snaps for him, then that's all that's important. Givens and Day can also help with the depth as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Hmm, not even sure credit goes to me, lol.

I remember instantly loving it and saying as much. Just don't remember it was mine. :/ 

Jeeze, I don't remember stuff so good no more. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLIUpakV4l_hSHy6LXKHh

I was trying to make it stick and I got you to bite, dunno if I heard it from anyone or not.  We also have grease midget 2.0 in our division

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Mmmmmm...this doesn't pan out. Bosa actually has the MOST TFLs on the team, according to ESPN at 16.5. Remember, tackles for loss implies the ball carrier is NOT the QB and therefore is against a running play. 

Armstead is 2nd with 13.5 TFLs.

Where Bosa HAS struggled is staying home with a greased midget QB juking him out of his shoes (credit to @oldman9er for that term).

TFL's are a stat that supports what i say. Bosa is really aggresive in the way he mostly plays the run. This means he gets those TFL's but when he doesn't get that tackle it leaves a gap open for the LB or whoever is responsible to fill. I feel this is mostly a thing that gets coached this way especially when you see how we played the Ravens where routinely Bosa or Armstead would crash down on the RB with the LB or S filling the gap behind them. Its more of a thing where Bosa doesn't have to just hold the edge most of the time where Armstead does. Again this is not me saying Bosa is a bad run defender cause he is above average at least but its more to do with the way he is asked to play for the most part.

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

So since 2009, the winner of the first championship game has only won the super bowl twice. Broncos in 2015 and Packers in 2010.  We were the first game in 2012 but this year we get the late game 👀👀👀

Honestly, no need to even get caught up with these stats. Just some random ish that means nothing. Just a coincidence, that's all. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, no need to even get caught up with these stats. Just some random ish that means nothing. Just a coincidence, that's all. 

mildly interesting.. which I figure to be the intent of posting it... but yes... don't mean much o nothing pertaining, I figure.

28 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yes I don't wanna pay too much attention to it but just a random stat. Isn't that what this thread is for?

I find it funny when they really dig to find a "new NFL record". This player is the first to do this and that, and this and that in one game. If you add enough stat categories, you can eventually find a combination that's never been done before. Yesterday, Lamar was the first to throw for 300 and rush for 150 in a game. Today, Mahommes was the first to throw for 300, rush for 50, while having 5 TD passes. I'm sure Jimmy probably was the first QB ever to throw under 200, throw only 1 TD, rush for less than 10 yards, chew gum on the sideline and wear white socks during a saturday afternoon game in the pacific time zone, while smelling terrific. First time ever.

• Like 1