Sign in to follow this  
bucsfan333

Trevor's take on how to fix the Bucs

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Got to admit, not all warm and fuzzy about this plan.  Drafting a rookie QB in first rd, no issue.  However, to believe they can stick at 14 and get their guy without giving up further draft capital, yeah no.  Signing Scherff seems like a good idea, until they move Cappa outside.  Now 2 coaching staffs have offered a hint that Cappa can play RT, but now he could be playing there with a rookie Qb.  I would think if you go rookie QB, you want the defense as strong as possible.  Sacrificing Suh for an upgrade at RG, when there is a true hole at RT makes little sense.  

I like Trevor s work, but this seems like a poor effort to structure the team next season.  This passing offense is the most aggressive in the NFL.  Even Koetter s wasn t this aggressive.  Pinning the future hopes on the franchise with a QB from the MWC with similiar turnover issues to the guy already playing in the system.  Not understanding.

22 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Got to admit, not all warm and fuzzy about this plan.  Drafting a rookie QB in first rd, no issue.  However, to believe they can stick at 14 and get their guy without giving up further draft capital, yeah no.  Signing Scherff seems like a good idea, until they move Cappa outside.  Now 2 coaching staffs have offered a hint that Cappa can play RT, but now he could be playing there with a rookie Qb.  I would think if you go rookie QB, you want the defense as strong as possible.  Sacrificing Suh for an upgrade at RG, when there is a true hole at RT makes little sense.  

I like Trevor s work, but this seems like a poor effort to structure the team next season.  This passing offense is the most aggressive in the NFL.  Even Koetter s wasn t this aggressive.  Pinning the future hopes on the franchise with a QB from the MWC with similiar turnover issues to the guy already playing in the system.  Not understanding.

I 100% agree.  I don't mind taking QB 1st but we need to do something with the O-line and I think that would be a priority over a RB.  I am guessing if they did sign Kareem Hunt that would change.  I would rather grab Kareem Hunt than Scherf tbh.  I Like Scherf dude is a monster but he is the top O-line in FA and will get a record-breaking contract.  

Think Cappa would work better at RT especially with a dominant RG next to him.

I like the OL moves.

Would be tough to let Suh go though, he’s solid at anchoring doubles. Even though his pass rush skills are diminished he’s reliable mostly. Jordan Love has the arm talent but im not sold on him at 14. I will commend the effort though for moving along and hope for the best.