Hypothetical Trade: Redskins & Bengals

aceinthehouse

I would really like your reaction to a trade proposal I believe the Redskins should make as early as March 18th or soon after if possible.

I'm very interested how the Bengals fans would feel for a trade deal like this, if offered.

So here it goes...

Redskins offer #2 overall draft pick & LT Trent Williams 

For

Bengals #1 overall draft pick & their 2nd round pick. (2020)

Redskins intentions are to select Chase Young #1 overall & to not draft any of the QB's you may be interested in.

I also recognize, that you guys selected OT Jonah Williams in the 1st Rd last year.

But he was injured early & never played a meaningful down for you guys.

But I also understand, that Jonah is a versatile OT who could move over to RT if necessary.

Is this a trade that you think the Bengals fans would support, or would there need to be a counter offer?

Thank you & good luck moving forward. 🏈

Not sure if either team would be interested.  It is pretty much set in stone we take Burrow, which leaves Young for the Skins.  In essence, this is a Williams for #33 pick, and I'm not sure we'd go for that.  

Sidenote:  Didn't the Skins fire their medical staff?  If so, that would seem to open the door for a trent Williams return

We wouldn't swap top draft picks but should be interested in Williams. I'd offer Glenn plus either Dre Kirkpatrick or John Ross for Trent Williams, provided he signs an extension.  We're also a possible destination for Bill Callahan as his son is the Bengals OC. 

13 hours ago, theJ said:

I don't understand. Why swap the top picks if we're still getting the players we want?

Honestly, it’s not a deal for me with just Williams for the 2nd. I think when you take into account his injury history and contract, closer value is like a 4th or 5th for him. Which Washington would feel slighted for offering, so a deal is not likely.

I think a player for player deal would make more sense. Cordy Glenn can still play and is a malcontent. Same thing with Trent Williams. Swap them. Williams is probably a better player so we could throw in another player. Redskins are thin at CB so give them Dre. They're thin at WR so maybe John Ross or Auden Tate. Etc. 

On 1/4/2020 at 11:06 AM, aceinthehouse said:

I would really like your reaction to a trade proposal I believe the Redskins should make as early as March 18th or soon after if possible.

I'm very interested how the Bengals fans would feel for a trade deal like this, if offered.

So here it goes...

Redskins offer #2 overall draft pick & LT Trent Williams 

For

Bengals #1 overall draft pick & their 2nd round pick. (2020)

Redskins intentions are to select Chase Young #1 overall & to not draft any of the QB's you may be interested in.

I also recognize, that you guys selected OT Jonah Williams in the 1st Rd last year.

But he was injured early & never played a meaningful down for you guys.

But I also understand, that Jonah is a versatile OT who could move over to RT if necessary.

Is this a trade that you think the Bengals fans would support, or would there need to be a counter offer?

Thank you & good luck moving forward. 🏈

Trading back a spot with you only makes sense if we aren't taking Burrow.  Everyone and their grandmother knows what we are (or should be) doing at #1.  Now if we were trading back for a guy like Thomas or Simmons, then yeah, it makes sense for washington to move up a spot to ensure we don't trade with someone else wanting Young.  

Trading for Williams is just swapping out disgruntled players, only we up the cost from our end, as Trent for Glenn would be too lopsided for our side.  Plus, we are in a rebuild, so getting older doesn't really help.