ACO

Mike McCarthy hired as Head Coach for Cowboys

Posted (edited)

Mike Nolan is an interesting hire if it happens. The defense would benefit immediately with takeaways which is something Dallas lacks. 

Looks more and more likely.

Edited by ACO

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

How is he a "yes man"? 

Packers fans, input?

Packer fan.  He's anything but a yes man.  Strong coach this is totally off base.

More coaching news. Sounds like they out on him as the DB/Assistant DC role. They like him though so they will find something ele?

Cowboys should also be "hoping for" veteran James Campen for OL coach and Joe Whitt for DBs
Those are 2 very talented coaches who worked for McCarthy in GB.  The rest of the assistants were pretty meh

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

James Campen for OL coach and Joe Whitt for DBs

James Campen would be a big get. He was a great coach for the Packers. 

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

Reunited after all these years. 

And it feels so good. 

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

How? He already has one of the top 10 winning percentages of all time. Add another superbowl on a different team and it wouldn't surprise me that it could be argued. 

He will most certainly end up in the discussion because that would make him the Only HC in NFL history to of Won 2 SB with 2 Separate Teams as a HC.

Odds are stacked against that happening but there's always a chance as long as he's still coaching! Between the 55 years of SB's and 25 Year Cowboys Drought, it's possible Mike's a Trend Setter and a Pioneer!

Somehow the Eagles Won a SB, so hell anything is possible?🍺

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

McCarthy is an absolute terrible HC hire. 

I don’t believe he’s terrible. Lots of worse options. I don’t think he’s an awesome hire but an okay one. We can seriously let the whole Lincoln Riley coming to the nfl debate be dead because if he did he would have already set up interviews. Being interested is a two way street

With Nolan in fold as DC, I wonder if Jim Tomsula is on the shortlist of potential DL coaches. They worked together in SF.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

With Nolan in fold as DC, I wonder if Jim Tomsula is on the shortlist of potential DL coaches. They worked together in SF.

Is his contract/Redskins letting him go ? He's the best Dline coach in the league. 

Edited by 49erurtaza