Mike McCarthy hired as Head Coach for Cowboys

ACO

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Sounds like Garrett, if Garrett had Aaron Rodgers. 

Doesnt spending all your 1st round picks on defense contradict that he didnt address the defense?

Thats scary. Our ST's has also been very poor.

This is terrifyingly familiar. Nepotism runs rampant in Dallas.

McCarthy wasn't in charge of the draft but I think what TheOnlyThing was getting at is MM sticking with Capers even tho with all that accumulated talent our defenses were still poor.   Everyone remembers how we help make Kaepernick a household name as he ran roughshod over us even if he was a poor QB.

12 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I get the jokes, but I want to interject, Garrett knows his future. Rumors have been that he has known for weeks. Whats happening between the Cowboys/Garrett happens all the time in the real business world (transition plans). Rare in coaching circles. 

Keep on memeing on though. 

Yet Jason himself can't interview for other Job openings? That's the problem with this absurd logic. This isn't doing Garrett any favors , this isn't in his best interest after 10 yrs. He was a lame duck HC the entire 2019 season and is still being made into a Lane Duck Fired HC having to wait two more weeks before , He "technically" (contract expired) can  move on!

Fired, Contract expired, Resignation handed in does it really matter? We all know what's transpired here he's been Fired! Its a joke the way Jerry is handling it. 

I can see it now. A Jason Garrett-Mike McCarthy Successor PC to announce his replacement as HC, Together live! Only in Dallas.

Edited by Nabbs4u

11 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

We didnt really have a good runningback on the roster the majority of his tenure. Before Eddie Lacy ate himself off the team, he was a focal point of the offense. McCarthy is a great coach and I suspect would do very well in Dallas with a fresh slate. I get the feeling MM has been watching a lot of tape this year.

Peter King did a report for PFT I think, where he visited McCarthy on his huge property to talk about his future plans. I think this was a few weeks ago? Anyway, McCarthy has basically built an underground R&D cave with a zillion football resources. He's gotten together with coaches to essentially having meetings regarding the current trends in the game. I think he's getting into analytics a lot. Even paid PFF a visit at their offices just to gather as much info as he can. Looks like dude is preparing for war. 

EDIT: Here is the video. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:
15 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I get the jokes, but I want to interject, Garrett knows his future. Rumors have been that he has known for weeks. Whats happening between the Cowboys/Garrett happens all the time in the real business world (transition plans). Rare in coaching circles. 

Keep on memeing on though. 

Yet Jason himself can't interview for other Job openings? That's the problem with this absurd logic. This isn't doing Garrett any favors , this isn't in his best interest after 10 yrs. He was a lame duck HC the entire 2019 season and is still being made into a Lane Duck Fired HC having to wait two more weeks before , He "technically" (contract expired) can  move on!

Fired, Contract expired, Resignation handed in does it really matter? We all know what's transpired here he's been Fired! Its a joke the way Jerry is handling it. 

I can see it now. A Jason Garrett-Mike McCarthy Successor PC to announce his replacement as HC, Together live! Only in Dallas.

You could write it in crayon and Nabbsy here still wouldnt understand the idea that maybe, just maybe, that Garrett wants to finish out his contract.

18 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

We didnt really have a good runningback on the roster the majority of his tenure. Before Eddie Lacy ate himself off the team, he was a focal point of the offense. McCarthy is a great coach and I suspect would do very well in Dallas with a fresh slate. I get the feeling MM has been watching a lot of tape this year.

Just asking as a outsider.  I always felt that McCarthy was a offensive coach and didn't give a damn about defense.  Overall coaching suffered because he always had his he buried in his call sheet.

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

Just asking as a outsider.  I always felt that McCarthy was a offensive coach and didn't give a damn about defense.  Overall coaching suffered because he always had his he buried in his call sheet.

Like others have stated, the Packers allocated 14 of 18 1st and 2nd round picks to the defense between 2010 and 2018. The resources were invested, we just never really saw it materialize due to the unwillingness to move on from Dom Capers. MM was loyal to his guys to a fault and it likely cost the Packers at least 1 super bowl. He’s a guy that would definitely need a good DC to be successful. 

20 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Packers allocated 14 of 18 1st and 2nd round picks to the defense between 2010 and 2018. The resources were invested, we just never really saw it materialize due to the unwillingness to move on from Dom Capers. MM was loyal to his guys to a fault and it likely cost the Packers at least 1 super bowl.

That's my problem. A great Head Coach should not let this happen.

The Packers defense being terrible has been greatly overstated. It obviously was far from great, but it was only those last three seasons where Nick Perry and Clay Matthews got really expensive and stopped producing, that killed the defense.

Points Allowed by year

2006: 25th

2007: 6th

2008: 22nd

2009: 7th

2010: 2nd

2011: 19th

2012: 11th

2013: 24th

2014: 13th

2015: 12th

2016: 21st