Mike McCarthy hired as Head Coach for Cowboys

ACO

The final seasonal ranking stats set forth below show how ineffective McCarthy's DEFENSE and SPECIAL TEAMS units were during his time in Green Bay.

Here is the actual Packers OPPONENTS POINTS PER GAME (with source cited):

2011 = 22nd

2012 = 13th

2013 = 24th

2014 = 14th

2015 = 11th

2016 = 25th

2017 = 26th

2018 = 22nd

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-points-per-game?date=2019-02-04

Here are the rankings for McCarthy's STs units (ranking from Rick Gosselin):

2009 = 31st

2010 = 29th

2011 = Tied 13th

2012 = 12th

2013 = 20th

2014 = 32nd

2015 = 17th

2016 = 29th

2017 = 16th

2018 = 32nd

*** Remember these ****ty ST rankings include the fact that the Packers featured a steady FG kicker (Mason Crosby) each of those years.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28431056/source-cowboys-focused-proven-nfl-coach-replace-jason-garrett

"A team source did confirm the Cowboys had a recent telephone conversation with former NFL coach Jeff Fisher, who took the Tennessee Titans to Super Bowl XXXIV and whose regular-season record is 173-165-1, with a 5-6 playoff record. Fisher is highly regarded by Jones and team vice president Stephen Jones, but Fisher's three-year hiatus since being fired by the Los Angeles Rams in 2016 was a detriment to scheduling a formal interview."

Do it, Jerry

DO IT

Edited by Longhorns90
  • Like 2

On 1/4/2020 at 11:23 AM, Scoremore said:

Mike McCarthy is a hell of a good coach.  He would do very very well in Dallas.  Cleveland should have hired him to turn around that pathetic franchise.  But Cleveland is Cleveland they screw everything up.  Heard rumblings of Riley to Dallas.  If I were Jones I'd take a guy who has been there before and a proven winner.  

No. You take Riley if he wants to come to the NFL. He is the biggest offensive genius I have ever seen. Blows other former college genius's like Chip Kelly out of the water.

McCarthy, McDaniels, and Lewis would all be epic fails.

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

No. You take Riley if he wants to come to the NFL. He is the biggest offensive genius I have ever seen. Blows other former college genius's like Chip Kelly out of the water.

McCarthy, McDaniels, and Lewis would all be epic fails.

I don’t know if you watch a lot of college football, but The Big 12 isn’t exactly known for their defenses...

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I don’t know if you watch a lot of college football, but The Big 12 isn’t exactly known for their defenses...

Not really a great argument, his scheme would work great in the NFL, even better than Kingsbury's. It transitions quite well. And he DESTROYED defenses with relative ease scoring 55+ with ANY QB. It's unlike anything we've ever seen before. He produced two QBs two straight years at #1 picks. Never been done before. And Hurts is probably a second rounder this year, when he was a sixth round talent at best when he was on Alabama.