Mike McCarthy hired as Head Coach for Cowboys

ACO

3 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

It would not surprise me to see the Panthers and Browns racing to sign McDaniels soon.  Whoever doesn’t get him will sign Stefanski

McCarthy was my #1 choice 

Who would you prefer between McDaniels and Stefanski for the Panthers?

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

2. Hire a coach who hates running the ball. 

Common misconception IMO. Eddy Lacy won rookie of the year under McCarthy before he started eating too much takeout. He had a transcendent QB talent with a deep WR core for the majority of his tenure with average to mediocre RBs so he did not have to rely on the ground game. IMO he will play to the strength of that Cowboys team. 

• Like 5

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

1. Draft an RB in the top 5 and give him a record-breaking contract.

2. Hire a coach who hates running the ball. 

3. ???

4. Profit

McCarthy does not hate running the ball.  You have to remember that Rodgers had the ability to change plays. 

He certainly does not hate running the ball.  A lot of years he simply did not have a running back to give carries to.  When Lacy was healthy he had 284 then 246 rushing attempts. 

McCarthy is going to be very, very, very, very, VERY successful with the Cowboys and I'm not surprised if he wins multiple Super Bowls with them.

Somebody make an official Cowboys hire McCarthy thread so I can give my opinion. 

• Like 3

Only Jerry Jones would string out his HC "Official Firing" an entire week while interviewing his Replacement. Have that HC spend Saturday Night at his house ironing out the details to then wait till Sunday night during a Playoff game to announce that Jason was finally fired , only to then hire  McCarthy within the next 12 Hrs!

Gotta love it! Can't make this Ish up!!

Edited by Nabbs4u

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

McCarthy does not hate running the ball.  You have to remember that Rodgers had the ability to change plays. 

He certainly does not hate running the ball.  A lot of years he simply did not have a running back to give carries to.  When Lacy was healthy he had 284 then 246 rushing attempts. 

McCarthy is going to be very, very, very, very, VERY successful with the Cowboys and I'm not surprised if he wins multiple Super Bowls with them.

Somebody make an official Cowboys hire McCarthy thread so I can give my opinion. 

Since when the Cowboyz became the Patriots?

Anyway this could be a great hire.

1 minute ago, evilpimp972 said:

Since when the Cowboyz became the Patriots?

Anyway this could be a great hire.

The big difference for McCarthy with the Cowboys versus the Packers is that he will now have an aggressive GM willing to make aggressive moves to bring in talent and stretch the salary cap.  He did not have that for 7 straight years with Thompson.  

• Like 1