Mike McCarthy hired as Head Coach for Cowboys

ACO

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

The big difference for McCarthy with the Cowboys versus the Packers is that he will now have an aggressive GM willing to make aggressive moves to bring in talent and stretch the salary cap.  He did not have that for 7 straight years with Thompson.  

Expect them to win multiple superbowls with an average QB behind center is quite the prediction, that's my point. Even elite QBs won't accomplish that.

This is my problem with the Cowboyz / Browns, their talent got overrated real quick. Stop talking about superbowl before the season even started!

Edited by evilpimp972

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28431056/source-cowboys-focused-proven-nfl-coach-replace-jason-garrett

A team source did confirm the Cowboys had a recent telephone conversation with former NFL coach Jeff Fisher, who took the Tennessee Titans to Super Bowl XXXIV and whose regular-season record is 173-165-1, with a 5-6 playoff record. Fisher is highly regarded by Jones and team vice president Stephen Jones, but Fisher's three-year hiatus since being fired by the Los Angeles Rams in 2016 was a detriment to scheduling a formal interview.

Get him in an advisory role now, or DL coach, anything. I don't care how much Johnny Walker Blue it takes, just get him in the building.

• Like 2

I agree with Skip when he said MM feels like a little bit better version of Jason Garrett. I felt that when I heard of them interviewing MM. Like MM doesnt feel like a coach that can come into a spotlight in Dallas and be the guy to be in command. I think MM wouldve been perfect for Cleveland. With all the being said I could see Year 1 of the MM being great. Dallas usually have great success in even years. 2020 is an even year so it wouldnt shock me if Dallas went 10-6 or better, make the playoffs and MM won Coach of the Year. I just think in the long term its going to be Jason Garrett all over again with a bit more success. Now will it result in a Superbowl? I dont know. I could see Dallas getting to the NFCCG though at some point under MM which is better than Garrett. I could see Dallas winning more playoff games under MM. So again I just come away saying MM is a little bit better version of Jason Garrett. Thats perfect for Jerry because he still remains in control and MM isnt someone that will push back on Jerry like an Urban Meyer wouldve.