Mike McCarthy hired as Head Coach for Cowboys

ACO

6 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I don't think he was a bad coach in Green Bay. Things stagnated and a change was needed. I expect him to do well in Dallas. Was it just Garrett who was let go or the whole coaching staff? Any expected hold overs?

Only people under contract are K Moore (OC) and M Colombo (OL). According to a tweet yesterday we are expected to look at retaining J Kitna (QB) and G Brown (RB) coaches as well. 

Whole new defensive staff. I am hoping we bring in Lewis or Nolan for DC. It sounds like McCarthy has Hasslett lined up for LBs. 

30 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

Expect them to win multiple superbowls with an average QB behind center is quite the prediction, that's my point. Even elite QBs won't accomplish that.

This is my problem with the Cowboyz / Browns, their talent got overrated real quick. Stop talking about superbowl before the season even started!

That was the media, not any sane Browns fan on here.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

Since when the Cowboyz became the Patriots?

Anyway this could be a great hire.

Just ignore him. Always spouting these kinds of wild thoughts on the Packer board. Notice how he ignores MM had Aaron Jones last season and failed to utilize him.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I refuse/refused to fall for the "Mike Mccarthy reinvented himself" PR tour that he started. I could very well be wrong and he comes back as a better coach than he was in Green Bay, but I'll believe it when I see it.

If he comes back better he will be in the conversation for top 5 coach all time when he's done..

Excellent hire.  Jones is a smart man.  Cleveland should have jumped at McCarthy but they waited and he's now gone.  Really happy for Mike.  As a die hard Packer fan not so happy that we'll have to face him in the future.  Expect a much different Cowboys team next year.

• Like 1