Mike McCarthy hired as Head Coach for Cowboys

ACO

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:
27 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

what a joke 

How? He already has one of the top 10 winning percentages of all time. Add another superbowl on a different team and it wouldn't surprise me that it could be argued. 

Plus, he said better which indicates, to me, multiple more SB wins + an even higher win percentage.

Pretty easily top 5 conversation at that point. No brainer.

57 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

His resume and Sean Payton’s are basically indentical. One guy “wasted a HOF QB’s greatness” while the other is seen as some lock top 5 HC. 

I drew this same comparison a couple years ago and no one listened. McCarthy has a better resume than Payton. It seems the only knock on MM (relative to Payton) is their waistline, which leads to significantly heavier (har har) criticism about MM.

I did not have a clear cut #1 guy I wanted as Cowboys HC, but MM was easily one of my top choices.  So I really like this hire a lot.  Experienced, a strong track record of success in GB, and seems to embrace analytics.  Looking forward to seeing what he can do with our roster.  At the very least, it won't be hard to outdo what the Clapper did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

Who would you prefer between McDaniels and Stefanski for the Panthers?

I like McDaniels more than others, but still gotta acknowledge the risk that comes with him.  

Stefanski is going to be the better hire IMO I love what I’ve read about him and seen from the Vikings offense.  So I’d prefer we hire him but I wouldn’t be mad at McDaniels either, for the sole fact I think he’s willing to blow it up to get the team he wants and quite frankly the Panthers may need to blow it up.  So if we fail with him, at least we’ll probably get a fresh start with a new coach rather than remaining mediocre.  

Honestly though it’s so hard to predict which coaches will work out and who won’t.  So as long as it’s one of those two, I think I will be content until I see the moves they make.  Do not want anyone else, the market seems bad past those two

• Like 1

I hope MM embraces this new chance and has truly learned from the ending in Green Bay. I always liked him, and think he did a good job for most of his time here. Sometimes you just need a change. He def has some weapons to play with, and Jones is going to be a night and day difference from the GM that TT was. I think this was the best landing spot for him.

Edited by Toddfather
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

what a joke 

If he is *better* than before. Thats what the guy said. So he won 1 superbowl already and made 4 NFC Champ games. IF he wins 2 superbowls and makes 5 NFC Champ games, that would be 3 superbowl wins and 9 NFC games.

That is an incredible resume. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

If he is *better* than before. Thats what the guy said. So he won 1 superbowl already and made 4 NFC Champ games. IF he wins 2 superbowls and makes 5 NFC Champ games, that would be 3 superbowl wins and 9 NFC games.

He’s still bitter the clapper clapped his pretty boy coach

sean mcvays massive amount of hair gel couldn’t hold the rams disastrous season together 

Edited by canadaluvsdallas
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I hope MM embraces this new chance and has truly learned from the ending in Green Bay. I always liked him, and think he did a good job for most of his time here. Sometimes you just need a change. He def has some weapons to play with, and Jones is going to be a night and day difference from the GM that TT was. I think this was the best landing spot for him.

A lot of people are comparing it to Reid in Philly. Just need change.

Bill Parcells said it best. "After a while, your players get tired of your message"

You have to wonder just how much reflection MM did with analytics and his recent history and how much he's willing to change. Personally, I have no reason to believe the Cowboys didn't do their due diligence with him, and his track record speaks for itself in those early years - 8 straight playoff appearances and a Superbowl (although it should've been more).

30 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I put much of that offensive success on Aaron Rodgers. There is a reason why he was at odds with McCarthy during his tenure at GB. Not only that it's been reported that he has to keep Moore among other coaches. 

Dont get me wrong I'm glad we still have him, but it should have been a McCarthy decision. Not a Jerry and Stephen one. I get the feeling McCarthy is already being undermined and hes fine with it just because hes coaching again. 

So even if McCarthy is capable of taking us to the SB (which I'm not entirely convinced he is) he has Jerry as another obstacle to deal with.