Hypothetical trade: Redskins & Raiders

aceinthehouse

Hey there...

We're doing Prelimary trade talks as of now.

Would like to get a feel, on how you Raider fans feel about a hypothetical trade offer.

We understand you guys have (3) 3rd round draft choices.

#12, #19 & #26 to be exact in that 3rd round.

Would you be interested in trading two of them to the Redskins for OLB/DE Pro Bowler Ryan Kerrigan.

And if not, what is your counter offer?

12 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Hey there...

We're doing Prelimary trade talks as of now.

Would like to get a feel, on how you Raider fans feel about a hypothetical trade offer.

We understand you guys have (3) 3rd round draft choices.

#12, #19 & #26 to be exact in that 3rd round.

Would you be interested in trading two of them to the Redskins for OLB/DE Pro Bowler Ryan Kerrigan.

And if not, what is your counter offer?

I would say no. Kerrigan is on the wrong side of 30 and we have two young and talented players at EDGE in Max Crosby and Clelin Ferrel. Those 3rd rounders would be better off being used to shore up other areas of need.

I like Kerrigan but he’s 31yo, would carry a 11.5m cap charge if acquired via trade, and is coming off a dismal 12g: 25tkl, 5.5sk season.  He’s worth a late round draft choice, similar to Osemele to the Jets last year.  Essentially any team trading did him is valuing his current cap hit minus what a similar player in FA would cost.  He’s worth a 5th or 6th IMO.   He’s a 5-8 sack rotational player for another 2-3 years with a high cap hit.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d do that in a heartbeat actually. Alex Smith is a winner, anywhere he goes. Even led that terrible Redskin roster to 6-2 before breaking his leg a couple years back. 

A winner everywhere he went?!?!?!?!?!?? Lol I can’t even with you anymore.

howd the first 7 years of his career go lol. Alex Smith isn’t worth the sweat from the underneath my ballsack.

I use Alex Smith succeeding in KC as proof all the time that Mahomes isn’t that good. Andy Reid would make me a pro bowler

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

A winner everywhere he went?!?!?!?!?!?? Lol I can’t even with you anymore.

howd the first 7 years of his career go lol. Alex Smith isn’t worth the sweat from the underneath my ballsack.

Alex Smith is better than Derek Carr and much less conservative than Derek Carr. The first seven seasons he had no OL and no coaching staff. I’m not talking about Raider Situations that you over exaggerate... I’m talking worst OLine in the NFL entire time and guys like Mile Singletary as Coach (he may be the worst HC of all time). 

Alex Smith is an extremely underrated QB. He would of been the only QB in NFL History to lead three teams to winning records if he didn’t get injured on the Redskins while being at 6-2. 

The guy wins. Doesn’t turn the ball over but also way less conservative than Carr. Stats will show that. 

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Alex Smith is better than Derek Carr and much less conservative than Derek Carr. The first seven seasons he had no OL and no coaching staff. I’m not talking about Raider Situations that you over exaggerate... I’m talking worst OLine in the NFL entire time and guys like Mile Singletary as Coach (he may be the worst HC of all time). 

Alex Smith is an extremely underrated QB. He would of been the only QB in NFL History to lead three teams to winning records if he didn’t get injured on the Redskins while being at 6-2. 

The guy wins. Doesn’t turn the ball over but also way less conservative than Carr. Stats will show that. 

Hahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha thanks man. I needed that.

Alex Smith has wet dreams about making Throws Carr makes routinely. 

Oh man my side hurts from laughing so hard after reading that. 

You need to sit down with some people that actually know football and watch some film with them. They might teach you what to look for in a QB. You have a pretty good grip on the rest of the positions. But you have NO IDEA How to evaluate at QB, I’m sorry

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 1