Poll: MM a good choice as next Dallas Cowboy Head Coach?

perrynoid

Would Mike McCarthy make a good choice to be the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Just wondering if Packer Nation thinks MM might make a good HC of the Dallas Cowboys? Why, or why not?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but only if he has a good DC
    • Other; please state your rationale below

Yes.  Jerry is committed to spending whatever he needs to spend to win.  McCarthy has had a lot of success with teams led by an elite QB with an extreme lack of other talent.  Change that to a good/top 12 QB and an elite team and I think he would do well.  

More talent on this Cowboys team right now than most Packer rosters he coached.  Certainly a hell of a lot more than the last three Packer teams he coached.

• Like 3

I think that offense will fare better with McCarthy. They got stale with Garrett and McCarthy got stale in Green Bay. With a few tweaks and adjustments to personnel, McCarthy's more conservative offense should be successful with their personnel; especially with that OL and run game. With Cobb familiar with the offense and then another speedy slot receiver in tow and they should be a more consistent offense moving forward....

....of course we'll still own them barring  major injury...

i said no.   I am not convinced that MM is willing to use what the strength of DAL should be in the next 3 years.  Using the OL and Elliott as the foundation of the offense with the WR group of Cooper and Gallup serving as 2 plus options on the passing game driven off the run game.  I don't think Dak is the QB that can run what GB and Rodgers were doing.

Now, if MM has truly committed to revamping his offensive philosophy, then it could work.

I agree that DAL might be the most talented team with a coaching vacancy.