Poll: MM a good choice as next Dallas Cowboy Head Coach?

perrynoid

Would Mike McCarthy make a good choice to be the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Just wondering if Packer Nation thinks MM might make a good HC of the Dallas Cowboys? Why, or why not?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but only if he has a good DC
    • Other; please state your rationale below

33 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I have a hunch it's going to be be Josh McDaniels. 

I've been wondering about him as well. The entire NE thing seems on shaky ground.....or perhaps its just my brain's been smothered by all the media coverage of the entire NE thing. It's hard to tell. It's amazing the amount of air time New England and Dallas get.

Edited by Leader

22 minutes ago, Leader said:

I've been wondering about him as well. The entire NE thing seems on shaky ground.....or perhaps its just my brain's been smothered by all the media coverage of the entire NE thing. It's hard to tell. It's amazing the amount of air time New England and Dallas get.

I don't think NE would be on shaky ground if they had a few decent weapons for Brady. That offense literally took them out of a lot of games this year and Brady was furious over the lack of talent at WR in particular. The loss of Gronk was HUGE.

Just now, Joe said:

I don't think NE would be on shaky ground if they had a few decent weapons for Brady. That offense literally took them out of a lot of games this year and Brady was furious over the lack of talent at WR in particular. The loss of Gronk was HUGE.

It happens to every team now and then. I'll cry no tears for New England. Tough luck.

I love that they game up a #2 for "Mr. No Contribution" Sanu.

8 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

With the amount of resources the Cowboys have committed to running the ball, McCarthy would be an odd choice.

Why do people keep saying this? Dude's not Sean Payton. The Packers ran it a lot for having an elite QB, especially one who loves to call his own number at the LOS.

24 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Was McCarthy not ultimately responsible for "let's not give Aaron Jones the ball very much"?

Not in the mind of Mac's fans.

Amazing how some are able to block out how Mac was featuring Ty Montgomery until Gute shipped his arse out for peanuts.

Littered amongst a pile of bad choices and poor play on Sunday was the festering, enigmatic narrative about Aaron Jones’ lack of opportunities.

Despite Jones proving himself to be the most dynamic running threat out of the Green Bay Packers’ backfield, coach Mike McCarthy told reporters Monday that it’s not as simple as just giving Jones more reps.

McCarthy appeared very defensive when asked to compare Jones’ skills relative to Jamaal Williams’ and Ty Montgomery’s.

“I think it’s very obvious the balance we’re seeking from the running back position,” McCarthy said. “I think it’s one of the strengths that we’ve had since Aaron (Jones) has come back. We have three young men we believe in, three guys that contribute. There’s more to playing the position than just running the football.”

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/08/mike-mccarthy-explains-baffling-usage-of-packers-rb-aaron-jones/

12 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Not in the mind of Mac's fans.

Amazing how some are able to block out how Mac was featuring Ty Montgomery until Gute shipped his arse out for peanuts.

Littered amongst a pile of bad choices and poor play on Sunday was the festering, enigmatic narrative about Aaron Jones’ lack of opportunities.

Despite Jones proving himself to be the most dynamic running threat out of the Green Bay Packers’ backfield, coach Mike McCarthy told reporters Monday that it’s not as simple as just giving Jones more reps.

McCarthy appeared very defensive when asked to compare Jones’ skills relative to Jamaal Williams’ and Ty Montgomery’s.

“I think it’s very obvious the balance we’re seeking from the running back position,” McCarthy said. “I think it’s one of the strengths that we’ve had since Aaron (Jones) has come back. We have three young men we believe in, three guys that contribute. There’s more to playing the position than just running the football.”

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/08/mike-mccarthy-explains-baffling-usage-of-packers-rb-aaron-jones/

Do you ever get sick of making **** up?

Ty Montgomery ran the ball 26 times in 7 games for the Packers in 2018.

7 of those carries and 2 of those games came in games where Jones wasn't playing due to a drug suspension.

Montgomery played 150 snaps. 49 of them came in games where Jones was suspended.

No one was ever featuring Ty Montgomery. 

+++

If you want to ***** that Williams was getting too many carries over Jones, you've probably got some leg to stand on, but considering where Jones was with his blocking in 2018, it's not like the thing was unjustified. It's also not like the offense is playing better under LaFleur. 

4 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

When did we "go" with Ty Montgomery? 

In 2018 he never had more than 5 carries or 40% of snaps in a game. 

You're arguing things that never happened. In 2018 weren't Williams drives and Jones drives essentially equal in points per drive?

Edited by AlexGreen#20

Hell no, big Fat McLardyLoserarthy is the worst coach I have ever seen. He ONLY runs "ISO ROUTES" and he wasted 5/6 TO's a game by letting the clock run out or challenging a 3 yard pass. He can't even win a game of Madden on rookie.

• Like 3