Poll: MM a good choice as next Dallas Cowboy Head Coach?

perrynoid

Would Mike McCarthy make a good choice to be the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Just wondering if Packer Nation thinks MM might make a good HC of the Dallas Cowboys? Why, or why not?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but only if he has a good DC
    • Other; please state your rationale below

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Jones was hurt most of his time under MM I feel.

Yea, he hasn't had the most durable frame. He struggled quite a bit in pass protection as a rookie, especially when compared to Williams.

Then in 2018, missed 2wk of training camp, & had the 2G suspension to start the season. When they started ramping up his workload after the bye (week 8-14),  his numbers were as follows:

7G, 13.9 carries & 4.1 targets per game, on field for 66.2% of snaps. On pace for 1216yd rushing, 16 rush TD's,  377yd rec, 2 rec TD's. Team on pace for 382 pnts/16G

Now let's compare to 2019:

16G, 14.8 carries & 4.3 targets per game, on the field for 61.5% of snaps. On pace for 1084yd rushing, 16 rush TD's, 494yd rec, 3 rec TD's . Team scored 376 pnts/16G

hardly any difference. This just looks like another one of those fan myths perpetuated by the fantasy-football crowd and aided by ESPN/media pot-stirrers. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, TransientTexan said:

Yea, he hasn't had the most durable frame. He struggled quite a bit in pass protection as a rookie, especially when compared to Williams.

Then in 2018, missed 2wk of training camp, & had the 2G suspension to start the season. When they started ramping up his workload after the bye (week 8-14),  his numbers were as follows:

7G, 13.9 carries & 4.1 targets per game, on field for 66.2% of snaps. On pace for 1216yd rushing, 16 rush TD's,  377yd rec, 2 rec TD's. Team on pace for 382 pnts/16G

Now let's compare to 2019:

16G, 14.8 carries & 4.3 targets per game, on the field for 61.5% of snaps. On pace for 1084yd rushing, 16 rush TD's, 494yd rec, 3 rec TD's . Team scored 376 pnts/16G

hardly any difference. This just looks like another one of those fan myths perpetuated by the fantasy-football crowd and aided by ESPN/media pot-stirrers. 

I'll be the first to say that for a minute there, LaFleur was using Jones in some cool and different ways, but that basically ended the second that Adams came back.

Your post is dead on though. Good post

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'll be the first to say that for a minute there, LaFleur was using Jones in some cool and different ways, but that basically ended the second that Adams came back.

Your post is dead on though. Good post

I feel pretty confident we will see this again the next few weeks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I feel pretty confident we will see this again the next few weeks.

we also saw this with mccarthy.  Ran that Kareem Hunt RB vertical play with Cobb then Jones in back to back weeks.

People forget Brett Hundley was like 40% of the games with Jones under McCarthy.

• Like 1

McC*rthy is the definition of mediocrity, just the benefactor of a HOF QB who made him look much better than he was until said QB started declining.

He may have some initial success especially with a team like Dallas's present talent for like a season or two but they will quickly regress right back to where they are now with Garrett. Zeke's fantasy value will also fall off a cliff, but the FB may get a few dive calls a week, so that's neat.

He will also publicly throw the backup QB under the bus if said backup does not perform as well as Dak, citing lack of preparation, rather than take responsibility like a true professional would.

Personally, I was hoping some team within our division would get suckered into hiring him. Nagy and Patricia are not good and could be fired. That would be great, but alas, there is a good chance he gets hired this cycle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Norm said:

Hell no, big Fat McLardyLoserarthy is the worst coach I have ever seen. He ONLY runs "ISO ROUTES" and he wasted 5/6 TO's a game by letting the clock run out or challenging a 3 yard pass. He can't even win a game of Madden on rookie.

Holy **** dude.... you made me spit part of my marg out lol. Lucky it didn't come out my nose

Oh lol the revisionism is in full-swing. ~Nuh-uh, he DID run Jones lots akshully!

Yeah, that may fool other short-memory fans but it ain't fooling me. You can hide behind deceptive stats all you want but we who were watching all observed the same thing. It was NOT the same.

And I vividly remember the apologia for his refusal to feature Jones. His defenders (who re-branded themselves as "McCarthy moderates" after he was fired and they all had egg on their faces) acknowledged that refusal and defended it with hE's ToO sMaLl tO cArRy ThE lOaD!!!

That was the refrain. It was said several times. The ones who said this know who they are.

Edited by Gopher Trace

7 minutes ago, Gopher Trace said:

Oh lol the revisionism is in full-swing. ~Nuh-uh, he DID run Jones lots akshully!

Yeah, that may fool other short-memory fans but it ain't fooling me. You can hide behind deceptive stats all you want but we who were watching all observed the same thing. It was NOT the same.

And I vividly remember the apologia for his refusal to feature Jones. His defenders (who re-branded themselves as "McCarthy moderates" after he was fired and they all had egg on their faces) acknowledged that refusal and defended it with hE's ToO sMaLl tO cArRy ThE lOaD!!!

That was the refrain. It was said several times. The ones who said this know who they are.

5747b8e01fa072b88f79a742c546a0d0daeb6d33

15 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Holy **** dude.... you made me spit part of my marg out lol. Lucky it didn't come out my nose

Lol.

Those few that reveled in the fact he wasn't hired last year because it made them feel like they were right about everything when he really seems to have just wanted a year away are awfully quiet.

Or "he still sucks, he's just selling that he changed" and if he does come back and looks like a good coach, "oh he finally stopped running iso routes blah blah blah."

He's not an elite coach but he isn't bad either. You could do a lot worse. But people are so dug in that he cost us eleventy super bowls

• Like 3