Poll: MM a good choice as next Dallas Cowboy Head Coach?

perrynoid

Would Mike McCarthy make a good choice to be the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Just wondering if Packer Nation thinks MM might make a good HC of the Dallas Cowboys? Why, or why not?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but only if he has a good DC
    • Other; please state your rationale below

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

TOT and a couple others are going to be pretending they always liked McCarthy next year. 

I don't think so, they'll just saw he realized his mistakes he made and then he evolved to correct it all. 

It will be interesting to see McCarthy as a play caller when he has a QB that likely won't be changing the play as frequently as Rodgers appears to.

McCarthy with a competent game manager and a strong running game will be interesting to watch assuming Jerry gets the Dak Prescott contract situation figured out. 

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold
  • Like 1

Just now, coachbuns said:

You can't help yourself.  McCarthy gets hired and somehow Rodgers is involved.  Put another man on the moon and Rodgers will probably be somehow involved.

Another man will never be put on the moon because Rodgers makes too much money and doesn't donate enough to NASA. 

5 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

You can't help yourself.  McCarthy gets hired and somehow Rodgers is involved.  Put another man on the moon and Rodgers will probably be somehow involved.

Everyone blamed Mac for what's going on with Aaron and a lot of the same issues remain and now the coach is hired somewhere else where he'll have a different QB to see how it works together. Why wouldn't Rodgers come up?

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I give Mac 2-3 years in Dallas, maybe 1 playoff appearance. You heard it here first. 

Will be fun watching the Mac fanboys blame Jerruh, Dak, and whatever coordinators he brings in to ignore the defense and special teams when the talented Dallas roster flames out year after year.

How bout Mac's Cowboys!

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

I don't think so, they'll just saw he realized his mistakes he made and then he evolved to correct it all. 

Failing to evolve (or stubbornness) to correct his mistakes is what I see as having caused MM's firing. He'll have to have changed some for that to be the case.

Keeping Capers, ST coordinators, for too long and refusal to hire new blood for the offensive side of the ball is what I ultimately led to his departure. 

I think who he hires as his coordinators will be telling. Though I expect it to the good old boys for him.

Edited by Arthur Penske

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Failing to evolve (or stubbornness) to correct his mistakes is what I see as having caused MM's firing. He'll have to have changed some for that to be the case.

Keeping Capers, ST coordinators, for too long and refusal to hire new blood for the offensive side of the ball is what I ultimately led to his departure. 

I think who he hires as his coordinators will be telling. Though I expect it to the good old boys for him.

I think it likely it will be the guys he's been working with this season in his prep work.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

He's going to hire those clowns he was working with this past year .. Frank Cignetti, Haslet, etc.  All the guys who nobody else wanted as coaches.

I voted no, not because I think MM's a bad coach, but because I just don't think he's a fit with DAL.  

-DAL's strength is running the ball with Zeke.  MM's reputation is not one of heavily favoring the run.

-I agree with those who have pointed out DAL's greatest successes have been with coaches willing and/or empowered to challenge JJ.  I don't see MM being that guy.

-Maybe it's just me, but he seemed very sensitive to criticism while here in GB.  I don't see that being easier coaching in DAL for JJ.  

5 minutes ago, tttmikeb said:

I voted no, not because I think MM's a bad coach, but because I just don't think he's a fit with DAL.  

-DAL's strength is running the ball with Zeke.  MM's reputation is not one of heavily favoring the run.

-I agree with those who have pointed out DAL's greatest successes have been with coaches willing and/or empowered to challenge JJ.  I don't see MM being that guy.

-Maybe it's just me, but he seemed very sensitive to criticism while here in GB.  I don't see that being easier coaching in DAL for JJ.  

I'm not so sure about the part that I bolded.

Mac's offense really took off with Lacy in the backfield.  Opened up a lot of stuff downfield.

Personally, I think this is a great fit for Mac.  He's going to win a lot of games in Dallas.  He will end his coaching career with a crazy won/loss record.  There is a lot of talent in Dallas.  

• Like 2