Poll: MM a good choice as next Dallas Cowboy Head Coach?

perrynoid

Would Mike McCarthy make a good choice to be the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Just wondering if Packer Nation thinks MM might make a good HC of the Dallas Cowboys? Why, or why not?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but only if he has a good DC
    • Other; please state your rationale below

19 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Failing to evolve (or stubbornness) to correct his mistakes is what I see as having caused MM's firing. He'll have to have changed some for that to be the case.

Keeping Capers, ST coordinators, for too long and refusal to hire new blood for the offensive side of the ball is what I ultimately led to his departure. 

I think who he hires as his coordinators will be telling. Though I expect it to the good old boys for him.

Agreed on all of that. I guess my point was I feel like there were people that acted like he could never change, even somewhere else, especially when he wasn't hired last year. But if he has success will change their tune. 

30 minutes ago, Norm said:

Everyone blamed Mac for what's going on with Aaron and a lot of the same issues remain and now the coach is hired somewhere else where he'll have a different QB to see how it works together. Why wouldn't Rodgers come up?

So you're saying it was all Rodgers and nothing else?  You know better as well as I do.  Both to blame.  Glad Mac got another job .. it was time to move on. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

All joking aside, this is very true about MM. He coached several years in Green Bay with a GM who was on vacation from May through February. I'd be frustrated too. 

This is what I've been saying.  There are people here who blame Thompson and also blame McCarthy.  McCarthy had to play a game against the Falcons with Ladarius ****ing Gunter on Julio Jones. 

Kentrell Brice was our safety. 

Cowboys are going to dominate next year.  That stale offense of McCarthy's is going to be number one in the league thanks to a QB who will throw to open receivers and attack the middle of the field.  Dak is probably gonna have 40+ touchdowns, 4,500 passing yards and around 10 interceptions. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

So you're saying it was all Rodgers and nothing else?  You know better as well as I do.  Both to blame.  Glad Mac got another job .. it was time to move on. 

Of course I'm not. I'm not as out there on Rodgers as some but I think it's normal that he's part of this topic. 

And yeah I was very ready to move on by the time he was gone, it's nothing like that. Glad he isn't here anymore. 

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Of course I'm not. I'm not as out there on Rodgers as some but I think it's normal that he's part of this topic. 

And yeah I was very ready to move on by the time he was gone, it's nothing like that. Glad he isn't here anymore. 

Fair enough .. wish him well except when he plays the Pack.

26 minutes ago, Norm said:

Agreed on all of that. I guess my point was I feel like there were people that acted like he could never change, even somewhere else, especially when he wasn't hired last year. But if he has success will change their tune. 

Yep.

Although the mention of Mike Nolan as his DC preference tells me it may be more of the same from him.