Week 2: Par for the Course

Bianconero

10 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Keys to Game

Run the ball at a 1.8 yard per carry average.

5 yard outs on offense and pop passes

Friendly fire on offense

Swiss cheese run defense

That should get it done. Easy day at the office this week for gang green. Boy this season is torture.

Don't forget opting to punt. It's a pivotal part of Bowles game plan.

At least if Petty or Hack was starting I would maybe tune in for a bit of the game. But you know, idiots in charge.

14 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Don't forget opting to punt. It's a pivotal part of Bowles game plan.

At least if Petty or Hack was starting I would maybe tune in for a bit of the game. But you know, idiots in charge.

LOL it really is crucial. Maybe Bowles just wants to get fired. He hasnt even been a good defensive play caller. We need a hard-nosed coach that players respect. Id take mangini back today. Guy held his players accountable knew the game and drafted fantastic. We did not give him enough time. 

7 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

LOL it really is crucial. Maybe Bowles just wants to get fired. He hasnt even been a good defensive play caller. We need a hard-nosed coach that players respect. Id take mangini back today. Guy held his players accountable knew the game and drafted fantastic. We did not give him enough time. 

I'm not going to harp on how I feel about Bowles. If it was my choice he would of been gone already. Guy is DREADFUL.

he honestly might be the wild card we need for the #1 pick. Can't win if you aren't trying to win. Right?

22 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

A shining testament to that moment when you've really hit rock bottom and plan to stay there for a while.

Ladies and gentlemen, the 2017-18 New York Jets. 

7 minutes ago, Spiel612 said:

A shining testament to that moment when you've really hit rock bottom and plan to stay there for a while.

Mangini was better than Bowles by far. I don't know how much of a hand he had, but we drafted some players when he was here.

5 minutes ago, Spiel612 said:

Heard on ESPN NY that the % chance of winning the game after the punt went up .1% compared to going for it on 4th down given the likelihood of us making it and turning the ball over on downs. 

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

Mangini was better than Bowles by far. I don't know how much of a hand he had, but we drafted some players when he was here.

Of course he was. He and Tannenbaum had a functional HC/GM relationship and it led to the formation of one of the best rosters in the league between 2008-2010, but one that didn't have a quarterback. 

I miss Mangini. I think he had the basics down. I don't know if I want him as my head coach, but I'd take him as my general manager in a heart beat. I was against firing him when we did. 

Just now, ekill08x said:

We need just as many players on defense as we do on offense. THis D sucks. 

The whole coaching staff sounds defeated in pressers. The organization is literally rotten to the core at the moment. The expectations are just outrageously low. You can't look at this roster and say, "oh, this is clearly the best team they could have put together to try and compete in 2017." That type of negativity and institutional rot will spread and it will spread quickly.

The Jets need a coach who is somewhere in between the rah-rah insanity of Rex and the utter and complete boredom of Todd Bowles. 

A human. They need a human. Is it that hard? 

Archived