Week 2: Par for the Course

Bianconero

2 hours ago, Bianconero said:

How did Mo look yesterday? Seriously

Bad. Completely shut down. Same for Leo. We love to praise Leo on here but lets call a spade a spade, guy isnt a difference maker and has been a ghost as well. That defensive line honestly sucks. 

Funny you say that yesterday I look at his stats since becoming a Jet. In 18 games he has only 4 sacks, still strong against the run. I don't think he will be a great pass rusher like Mark  Gastineau or Michael Strahan, he is not quick enough, still think he was a good first round pick. He is such a powerful guy maybe with a little more time he can improve his pass rush.

It was a team effort - 271 yards of offense, 410 on defense plus two lost fumbles. After two games we're 30th in both categories. Houston and SF are behind us in O but are 6th and 10th in D; NE and NO are behind us in D but are 1st and 3rd in O

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Yeah you got a point, our linebackers are one if not the worst group in the NFL.

Dolphins might give you a run for your money in terms of week 3 starters. Kiko is good but Mike Hull as the mike and Chase Allen as the 3rd backer in the base defense... Jets would be smart to try to force the Dolphins out of their base nickel by going heavy and run run run the ball on them.

On 9/17/2017 at 7:55 PM, GangGreen420 said:

So why is the defense still so awful?

3 offseasons to build it, multiple high draft resources and a "great" d line.

This is where they are? That's unacceptable imo

This. ALL OF THIS 

Absurd. Does Toilet bowles know how to coach or is mac just a miserable drafter? 

I think our dline is getting a little too much criticism. ( I'd love to know the stats. But I am too lazy to look them up). The only two players to have any concern about in the front 7 are Mo and Leo. So if I'm the opposing team I double them every play. Not sure about the need on Mo anymore as he does look like he is dogging it.

Not many players can regularly beat double teams. Plus If they also clog the middle as much as possible, There are no consistent speed rushers to go around the out side. 

With  no other help these two will continue to look worse than the are.  

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 9:03 PM, Colt45fool said:

This. ALL OF THIS 

Absurd. Does Toilet bowles know how to coach or is mac just a miserable drafter? 

It's early in the season, but I'm at the point where I'm not going to react to the performance of individual players week to week. I feel like there's an underlying malaise among the team based on how the season was set up and the coaching situation. Hopefully the young guys stay healthy and get some experience this year, and next year with a new HC and better talent overall, some of these players who are underwhelming can turn the corner.

Archived