Silence is deafening

textaz03

I’ve been thinking about this since yesterday. The silence coming from the Star is deafening! Very uncharacteristic for Jerry and Stephen. It’s been 6 days now since our season ended and the organization hasn’t even held its annual End of Season presser like they always do. 

The Cowboys have always had its media leaks and we all know Jerry loves to hear himself speak on camera and on the radio waves. I’m shocked at the control of information (or I should say lack there of) that is coming out. That’s a definite change I didn’t see coming.

Now I’m curious as to what the longest period of time Jerry Jones has gone without speaking to the media in some form or fashion?? 🤔🤔 

Anyone else surprised or caught off guard by this Radio Silence from the Organization?

27 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

I’ve been thinking about this since yesterday. The silence coming from the Star is deafening! Very uncharacteristic for Jerry and Stephen. It’s been 6 days now since our season ended and the organization hasn’t even held its annual End of Season presser like they always do. 

The Cowboys have always had its media leaks and we all know Jerry loves to hear himself speak on camera and on the radio waves. I’m shocked at the control of information (or I should say lack there of) that is coming out. That’s a definite change I didn’t see coming.

Now I’m curious as to what the longest period of time Jerry Jones has gone without speaking to the media in some form or fashion?? 🤔🤔 

Anyone else surprised or caught off guard by this Radio Silence from the Organization?

..... We have had very few leaks under Garrett. Most all the news comes after the fact. I am not sure if Jerry has been doing his radio show, though.

Seriously, when was the last time we leaked anything? Hell the Amari trade wasnt even "leaked" until it was done. 

28 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

..... We have had very few leaks under Garrett. Most all the news comes after the fact. I am not sure if Jerry has been doing his radio show, though.

Seriously, when was the last time we leaked anything? Hell the Amari trade wasnt even "leaked" until it was done. 

Our entire draft board was leaked twice during his tenure.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Our entire draft board was leaked twice during his tenure.

I was referring more to new-"news" leaking, not a draft board after the draft is over. Ive always had suspicions about that BTW. Its always painted our draft in a good light. Pretty sure its at least partially leaked more like 3-4 times. 

But again, its not like there is a leaky faucet locker room. You hardly hear any of the stuff like you do from other teams.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Well, Jerry did say he envisioned seeing some changes organizational and to himself as well.  Maybe some of those changes included him and Stephen staying off the radio waves and being the central mouth pieces to everything Cowboys. 

Because he’s lying and just saying things that he thinks people want to hear. No one in their right mind believes that redneck snake oil salesman is going to change his methods nor pay top dollar for a premier coach. His ego can’t handle it.

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

Because he’s lying and just saying things that he thinks people want to hear. No one in their right mind believes that redneck snake oil salesman is going to change his methods nor pay top dollar for a premier coach. His ego can’t handle it.

I believe he has already at least altered his ways by ceding power to McClay/SJ/JG. And didnt we have the highest paid coaching staff in the NFL the last few years? He will pay for a coach.

So I disagree with  both your statements. 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I believe he has already at least altered his ways by ceding power to McClay/SJ/JG. And didnt we have the highest paid coaching staff in the NFL the last few years? He will pay for a coach.

So I disagree with  both your statements. 

As long as he still hosts post-game conferences before his coach, has his own radio show, deliberately puts the spotlight on himself, and emasculates his coach, he hasn’t ceded anything.

And, he doesn’t pay top dollar for a head coach. He had to with Parcells and didn’t do it again. I hope that he will, but that also comes with a culture change and him truly ceding power to his coach. I just don’t see it happening.

Needless to say, until he proves me wrong, your “disagreement” is meaningless.

6 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

As long as he still hosts post-game conferences before his coach, has his own radio show, deliberately puts the spotlight on himself, and emasculates his coach, he hasn’t ceded anything.

And, he doesn’t pay top dollar for a head coach. He had to with Parcells and didn’t do it again. I hope that he will, but that also comes with a culture change and him truly ceding power to his coach. I just don’t see it happening.

Needless to say, until he proves me wrong, your “disagreement” is meaningless.

I dont agree that being a mediawhore is indicative of emasculating coaches (none of them have said that, either). 

Marketing =/= flexing power 

41 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont agree that being a mediawhore is indicative of emasculating coaches (none of them have said that, either). 

Marketing =/= flexing power 

Have you not been paying attention these last 25 years? The entire culture is based upon a lack of accountability because Jerry allows it to happen. That’s the emasculation of coaches. It didn’t happen with Jimmy (who was on the verge of being fired before quitting) and it didn’t happen with Parcells (who grew tired of the circus), but it happened with every other coach.

17 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Have you not been paying attention these last 25 years? The entire culture is based upon a lack of accountability because Jerry allows it to happen. That’s the emasculation of coaches. It didn’t happen with Jimmy (who was on the verge of being fired before quitting) and it didn’t happen with Parcells (who grew tired of the circus), but it happened with every other coach.

Yeah, I have been paying attention to the reports from the players and coaches. Facts, not opinions. 

Show me where Parcells said anything like that?