Offseason Thread

Elky

23 minutes ago, Totty said:

Elky.. I know bad football.  I'm a Raiders fan.  You just got the best 20 year run in NFL history, you should be thanking Brady and BB.  CLASS organization.  From top to bottom.  Put the drink down, sunshine.  

For real

How many would 'settle' for a 12-4 season, division title, and the chance to compete for a Super Bowl again next season if Brady comes back?

31 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Would like to see the following leave if for no other reason than they're not worth their next or current contract: both McCourty's, Edelman, Chung, Harmon, Wise, Van Noy, McDaniels, Watson, Brooks, Shelton, Cannon, Gostkowski. Collins too potentially if he commands a considerable bump in salary.

1. Seriously upgrade interior defensive line depth.

2. Find an edge rusher who isn't a liability versus the run.

3. Invest in the tight end position heavily.

4. Safety depth

5. Receiver depth

A right tackle might be found in Yodney Cajuste. Joejaun Williams looks like he will be good to me. You have to hope Sanu is better because of the commitment to him with the stupid trade. Maybe Brady comes back, maybe Sacrnecchia comes back, maybe Belichick comes back, maybe Kraft isn't the principal owner and Jonathan takes over highest rank, but even if all of those things change the Patriots really isn't that far away.

100% agree except with regards to Brady and Belichick 

I dont really see how we could survive either of those guys leaving in the short term... maybe make the playoffs, but we arent a SB contender if either of those guys leaves

Just now, mission27 said:

100% agree except with regards to Brady and Belichick 

I dont really see how we could survive either of those guys leaving in the short term... maybe make the playoffs, but we arent a SB contender if either of those guys leaves

Brady? Not easy but definitely still in contention for the AFC East at least regardless if it is Jalen Hurts or someone else.

Belichick? Maybe long term it is a concern but for next season Kraft can probably find a good head coach AGAIN.

Both? Same thing. Very tough but competitive team and less likely a true contender with neither.

I think the biggest concern is the lack of youth on this roster.

How many players currently on their rookie deal, based on what we've seen so far are an absolute 'must-keep' 

• Isaiah Wynn
  • Joe Thuney
  • N'Keal Harry
  • JC Jackson

I mean, who else is there?

This team is ageing, the coaching staff are ageing, I think we're in for some lean years...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TomRalph said:

How many players currently on their rookie deal, based on what we've seen so far are an absolute 'must-keep' 

• Isaiah Wynn
  • Joe Thuney
  • N'Keal Harry
  • JC Jackson

This team is ageing, the coaching staff are ageing, I think we're in for some lean years...

We're in for a normal football fan experience. Maybe one more year, and the roster has been overhauled quickly before, but we might not/probably won't be back to the big game again with this nucleus. 

I'm just glad no-one has done anything that might get a first rounder taken away. 😂

2 hours ago, TomRalph said:

• Isaiah Wynn
  • Joe Thuney
  • N'Keal Harry
  • JC Jackson

I would add Winovich to that list. Make him a true 34 OLB and he could be a good starter for a long time.

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

I would add Winovich to that list. Make him a true 34 OLB and he could be a good starter for a long time.

And Jake Bailey and probably, by the looks of it, Joejuan Williams.

Heck, Jakobi Meyers isn’t must keep right now but he isn’t terrible. Who knows what develops with Stidham, Yodney Cajuste, and Froholdt.

Michel is a quality get. Adam Butler is young, solid, and still on an early contract. Bentley is another rookie contract player with potential who has contributed.

The Patriots have a ton of potential already on their roster with a good mix of veterans. It really isn’t a problem team without a future. Just need McDaniels to get the heck out and replace the vets with expiring contracts coming up with the exception of Slater and Brady hopefully for another couple of years. Even then...

• Like 1

Honestly, this offense really only needs ONE receiver who can consistently get separation. That is the big problem with this offense. Jules gets doubled and Sanu/Harry/Dorsett can not separate EVER. Every catch they make is difficult and with a defender in their back pocket unless McD draws up a trick play. Just one guy forces opposing defenses to give Julian 1x1 match ups and this offense gets consistent at the very least again. ONE GUY. 

Brady said he isnt likely to retire BTW. I feel like he will be back. I dont see other teams paying him much considering the season he is coming off of and the whole age thing. 

Mod hat on:

Use this thread for general discussion and rumor mill talk. Any actual news deserves its own thread!

@Elky, lets not push the language filter too hard, k-thnx

They need some tackle depth, but Cajuste might be able to become that swing tackle, like Fleming was for several years. Andrews, Develin and Wynn being a year recovered should sort out the blocking problem (but they will need a back-up plan for LT, trusting Wynn to stay healthy is a bad move.

The TEs need a complete overhaull, a la 2010. Two draft picks and a decent vet. Just someone capable of blocking, and someone able to get open down the seam 3/4 times a game.

They need some speed too, at both RB and WR they SO slow. Dorsett has shown he can't be anything more than a 5th option, Edelman is 35 and Sanu simply can't get open.

4 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

JC is probably the only 25 and under stud on the roster. That’s a problem. 

That's what I was getting at earlier, we just don't have any blue chippers early in their career that can take over for the ageing guys in every position group

• Like 1