Offseason Thread

Elky

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

Source: The #Steelers are signing TE Eric Ebron to a 2-year deal worth $12M. Another target for Big Ben.

1:11 PM · Mar 20, 2020·TweetDeck

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You  Wanted no part of him.

12 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

Source: The #Steelers are signing TE Eric Ebron to a 2-year deal worth $12M. Another target for Big Ben.

1:11 PM · Mar 20, 2020·TweetDeck

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You  Wanted no part of him.

would have fit in this season but definitely not upset

18 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

That’s a disaster lol

To be fair, people thought Brady going in after Bledsoe nearly died was going to end in disaster. Not to say Stid is going to do what Brady did, but if he can play even like Matt Cassel in 2008 we have a potential solution for our post-Brady quarterback.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Elky said:

To be fair, people thought Brady going in after Bledsoe nearly died was going to end in disaster. Not to say Stid is going to do what Brady did, but if he can play even like Matt Cassel in 2008 we have a potential solution for our post-Brady quarterback.

1.)The 2008 Patriots roster is not the 2020 Patriots roster. 

2.)He can’t play like Matt Cassell because there is no 2008 Patriots offensive roster. 

There is no way BB goes into this season with Stidham as the QB. 

35 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

1.)The 2008 Patriots roster is not the 2020 Patriots roster. 

2.)He can’t play like Matt Cassell because there is no 2008 Patriots offensive roster. 

There is no way BB goes into this season with Stidham as the QB. 

1.) The defense is potentially better than 2008. 2020 secondary is definitely an improvement over that roster, and the linebackers are about as good as a slow Vrabel/pre-retirement Bruschi/Seau/Colvin. I expect a big season out of Chase Winovich. John Simon, Donta Hightower and Ja'Whaun Bentley are very solid.

2.) The 2020 offense is definitely not going to be the same as 2008. A lot more creative and run-oriented.

Stidham can be just as effective as Cassel was but I agree he won't be the only one on the team counted on to fill in. I believe there will be a rookie drafted in the top three rounds, as well as a signing or trade.

52 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

He is terrible.

That might be true however he the perfect mentor for Stidman. Also he's only a backup and most likely cheap. There is not one QB out there that I want the Pats to bring in to start or for that matter backup.

I'm rolling with Stidman and who ever they draft.

giphy.gif

Edited by m haynes

19 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Dwayne Haskins could be a consideration if the skins want tua

https://www.redskins.com/news/five-things-to-know-redskins-offensive-coordinator-scott-turner
I would expect Cam Newton traded to the Redskins and Josh Gordon signed. Tua drafted second overall and Dwayne traded away. To where? A lot of teams want Dwayne. One of the Bengals, Patriots, Buccaneers, Chargers, Colts, Jaguars, Dolphins, Steelers, or 49ers. Burrow is probably going first overall though to the Bengals or Dolphins.

Edited by DoleINGout

Read this post in a article.

joker65 says:

March 22, 2020 at 9:57 am

They go from having 4 million in cap space this year to $114 million in cap space next year (2021).

And in 2021, 4 guys are going to count almost $50 million – Gilmore 20M, MCCourty 11M, Mason 10M, and Cannon 9M. The Pats will restructure or cut some of those guys as well so the cap space could be even bigger.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/22/patriots-have-nearly-23-million-in-dead-money-for-2020/