Jump to content
Elky

Offseason Thread

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, m haynes said:

The guy plays for Washington State under Mike Leach’s air raid system of course he has the crazy numbers. QB’s from the system don’t really pan out in the NFL. He’s been coaching for 20 years and the best QB he’s produced is Gardner Minshew. Even then Minshew only played a season under Leach so he wasn’t really a product of Leach. 

 

So yeah don’t be getting to hyped about Mike Leach QB’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JohnCena said:

The guy plays for Washington State under Mike Leach’s air raid system of course he has the crazy numbers. QB’s from the system don’t really pan out in the NFL. He’s been coaching for 20 years and the best QB he’s produced is Gardner Minshew. Even then Minshew only played a season under Leach so he wasn’t really a product of Leach. 

 

So yeah don’t be getting to hyped about Mike Leach QB’s.

I understand, however I'm looking at the lower rounds. I don't want any QB in the early rounds especially in the 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, m haynes said:

I understand, however I'm looking at the lower rounds. I don't want any QB in the early rounds especially in the 1st.

Yeah but might as well stick with Jarred Stidham and continue to develop him unless we draft someone in the first 2 rounds such as Jordan Love. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If KJ Hamler falls to the third round we need to draft him he’s a speed demon and can stretch that field vertically for us the type of player we need. He has issues with drops but that’s something that we can hopefully fix even if we can’t it’s not like he’s gonna be a volume receiver anyways a 40 catch 720+ yard season out of him would do wonders for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2020 at 5:42 PM, JohnCena said:

If KJ Hamler falls to the third round we need to draft him he’s a speed demon and can stretch that field vertically for us the type of player we need. He has issues with drops but that’s something that we can hopefully fix even if we can’t it’s not like he’s gonna be a volume receiver anyways a 40 catch 720+ yard season out of him would do wonders for us.

Kj Hamler  would look great in Pats Uniform. Just what we need. I also would look at (my favorite) Lynn Bowden Jr and KJ Hill. Bowden can do so much, WR, QB package, KR and PR and he can fly.

Edited by m haynes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2020 at 5:39 PM, JohnCena said:

Yeah but might as well stick with Jarred Stidham and continue to develop him unless we draft someone in the first 2 rounds such as Jordan Love. 

I understand Leach is crazy and has been fired countless times so that might (recruiting) why he never had a NFL QB however his coaches (list below) have went on a have great success using his system. The list is quite impressive. Now I'm not saying Gorden will make it however his tape is quite impressive. He has all the mechanical tools and his vision and release is outstanding. Gorden started playing QB late never went to ( not recruited) high school camps. He was a ML baseball player

IMO Love is the classic (every year) Draftnik special.  He played low level football and he had ridiculas interception totals. I don't care if he had crap player with him it just a excuse. He try to make thing happen nonsence. He was just careless with the ball in his hands.

Here some Draftnik specials. Dwayne Haskins, Will Grier , Mason Rudolph , Mitchell Trubisky , Paxton Lynch and Blake Bortles . All were the darling of the so call experts.  They all were mocked many times as 1st round talent !

Leach coaching tree

Lyle Setencich: Cal Poly (1987)

Hal Mumme: Iowa Wesleyan University (1989–1991), Valdosta State (1992–1996), Kentucky (1997–1998)

Bob Stoops: Oklahoma (1999)

Assistant coaches under Leach who became college head coaches:

Art Briles: Houston Cougars (2003–2007), Baylor Bears (2008–2015)

Jeff Choate: Montana State Bobcats (2016–present)

Sonny Dykes: Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (2010–2012), California Golden Bears (2013–2016), SMU Mustangs (2018–present)

Greg McMackin: Hawaii Warriors (2008–2011)

Ruffin McNeill: East Carolina Pirates (2010–2015)

Dana Holgorsen: West Virginia Mountaineers (2011–2018), Houston Cougars (2019–present)

Seth Littrell: North Texas Mean Green (2016–present)

Lincoln Riley: Oklahoma Sooners (2017–present)

Graduate assistants under Leach who became college head coaches:

Dave Aranda: Baylor Bears (2020–present)

Players under Leach who became college or NFL head coaches:

Kliff Kingsbury: Texas Tech (2013–2018), Arizona Cardinals (2019–present)

Neal Brown: Troy Trojans (2015–2018), West Virginia Mountaineers (2019–present)

Seth Littrell: North Texas Mean Green (2016–present)

Josh Heupel: UCF (2018–present)

Eric Morris: Incarnate Word (2018–present)

Edited by m haynes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Belichick should be fired if he lets Brady walk while doing absolutely nothing to retain him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Elky said:

Belichick should be fired if he lets Brady walk while doing absolutely nothing to retain him.

He still mad about Kraft making him dump Jimmy. After the SB though, he shouldn't be. Jimmy is a middle of the pack type QB like 16-17 range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chiefs fan here with random thoughts...

I was watching Jacob Eason and I think there is a very real chance you all take him.  He just looks like a Bill Belichick QB, I then googled it and it looks like there are a few mocks that have him going to you as well.  I don't pay attention to mocks and I don't watch TV, so that's interesting.  

Also, my favorite TE in the draft Albert Okwuegbunam who reminds me of Gronk, just ran a 4.49. I could see you all making a move for him as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 4:17 AM, warsawian said:

Chiefs fan here with random thoughts...

I was watching Jacob Eason and I think there is a very real chance you all take him.  He just looks like a Bill Belichick QB, I then googled it and it looks like there are a few mocks that have him going to you as well.  I don't pay attention to mocks and I don't watch TV, so that's interesting.  

Also, my favorite TE in the draft Albert Okwuegbunam who reminds me of Gronk, just ran a 4.49. I could see you all making a move for him as well.

I have seen that as well. He's my take and other things I have seen. Eason is a classic.  Big guy, strong arm type. He reminds me of Jay Cutler. I have heard he had bad interviews at the combine and that he stare down his receivers and has a problem with touch.  Maybe its just me but the name Eason give me the creeps, I hope he dosen't show up for a interview in a dress! :D

There a ton of info on the TE and most of it is bad. Skill level is impressive, passion for the game is a big question mark. If  I here or read a question of passion when it comes to the game , I want no part of that player. I don't care how good his talent is playing the game.  Off top my head players that claimed that, Football is just a job and not my passion for the Pats. Ken Sims, Ron Brace. Both disappointments.

Edited by m haynes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×