Elky

Offseason Thread

14 hours ago, m haynes said:

The guy plays for Washington State under Mike Leach’s air raid system of course he has the crazy numbers. QB’s from the system don’t really pan out in the NFL. He’s been coaching for 20 years and the best QB he’s produced is Gardner Minshew. Even then Minshew only played a season under Leach so he wasn’t really a product of Leach. 

So yeah don’t be getting to hyped about Mike Leach QB’s.

8 hours ago, JohnCena said:

The guy plays for Washington State under Mike Leach’s air raid system of course he has the crazy numbers. QB’s from the system don’t really pan out in the NFL. He’s been coaching for 20 years and the best QB he’s produced is Gardner Minshew. Even then Minshew only played a season under Leach so he wasn’t really a product of Leach. 

So yeah don’t be getting to hyped about Mike Leach QB’s.

I understand, however I'm looking at the lower rounds. I don't want any QB in the early rounds especially in the 1st.

3 hours ago, m haynes said:

I understand, however I'm looking at the lower rounds. I don't want any QB in the early rounds especially in the 1st.

Yeah but might as well stick with Jarred Stidham and continue to develop him unless we draft someone in the first 2 rounds such as Jordan Love. 

If KJ Hamler falls to the third round we need to draft him he’s a speed demon and can stretch that field vertically for us the type of player we need. He has issues with drops but that’s something that we can hopefully fix even if we can’t it’s not like he’s gonna be a volume receiver anyways a 40 catch 720+ yard season out of him would do wonders for us.