Offseason Thread

Elky

Well it was a bad night for me but a great night for AJ Dillon.

He killed it at the combine. He caught the ball and put up major numbers. He one of my favorite players in the draft.  He is IMO Cory Dillon and Blunt type that the Pats desperately need. We need a back that can hit the whole and play well in the red zone.

I have also said in the past. Pair him up with James White in the back field and the Pats know have the option of running or passing.  Defense brings in DBs to stop White you run it down their throats or Dillion blocks if they pass to White.

On 2/29/2020 at 3:36 PM, m haynes said:

There a ton of info on the TE and most of it is bad. Skill level is impressive, passion for the game is a big question mark. If  I here or read a question of passion when it comes to the game , I want no part of that player. I don't care how good his talent is playing the game.  Off top my head players that claimed that, Football is just a job and not my passion for the Pats. Ken Sims, Ron Brace. Both disappointments.

Albert Okwuegbunam said "football is just a job and not my passion"?   Where did you hear that?  Gotta link? 

On 3/1/2020 at 5:14 PM, warsawian said:

Albert Okwuegbunam said "football is just a job and not my passion"?   Where did you hear that?  Gotta link? 

I also read another article but can't find it.  Also saw someone on TV that questioned his commitment due to his desire to go into the medical field. 

https://fanspeak.com/nfldraftnews/2019/12/29/missouri-te-albert-okwuegbunam-a-tough-evaluation-for-nfl-teams/

Edited by m haynes

On 3/10/2020 at 10:18 PM, m haynes said:

I also read another article but can't find it.  Also saw someone on TV that questioned his commitment due to his desire to go into the medical field. 

https://fanspeak.com/nfldraftnews/2019/12/29/missouri-te-albert-okwuegbunam-a-tough-evaluation-for-nfl-teams/

I don't think being academically gifted and having an interest in the medical field is a big red flag.  If it would have been that he just doesn't take football serious and likes to party, I would get that.  But being an academic scholar isn't a huge knock. 

4 hours ago, warsawian said:

I don't think being academically gifted and having an interest in the medical field is a big red flag.  If it would have been that he just doesn't take football serious and likes to party, I would get that.  But being an academic scholar isn't a huge knock. 

The announcer was talking about a total commitment to football. Football not being his top priority.  Good or bad I would stay away from any player that has questions about his commitment or make damn sure that football is his first priority.   I'm not saying this is the case because I haven't looked at him as a Pats pick.  But, why doesn't his play reflect his physical gifts.  I here the excuses about team, system etc. but that IMO that is excuses. 

6 hours ago, warsawian said:

It is when he misses practices for medical school or retires early to full commit to medical school. I dont want to be the team that spends draft capital on him for 2-3 years before he really gets his feet under him in the NFL only to see him leave for med school. That is the red flag.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IheartMyV8 said:

So according to OTC we’re at 16M in cap space?

Brady has a lot of dead money that would come off the books if they resigned him/extended him. I doubt Thuney's franchise $14+ mil is going to be final. I expect Hightower to be approached about a restructure. More money will be there.