Offseason Thread

Elky

6 Superbowls, including 3 of the last six. It would be weird to lose more games than we win, but I reckon I could take a terrible season if it means they land Lawrence. Wouldn't be opposed to a tank. The NFLGen salt alone would be worth it. It won't happen, of course.

You would think that Edelman just went on the tradeblock though. He's 34/35, had many injuries. May as well roll with Harry/Meyers/Byrd and see if they can land some decent picks for a WR heavy draft. Then sign Ebron with the caproom that would free up. 

On 1/22/2020 at 8:10 AM, JonMcC2018 said:

Whilst all of that is true, from the outside looking in two things seem clear:

1. Brady wants a reasonable length contract (2-3 years) which pays him good money

2. The Patriots don't want to give it to him.

So it's really up to Brady. He might take whatever the Pats offer, or if he gets offered crazy money he might go elsewhere. Or he might choose to retire.

My gut feel is that Belichick has made the decision to move on and is low-balling Brady knowing that either he gets Brady back on the cheap or he can go ahead work with a new QB. Who do you think is leaking these kind of stories to the media - https://eu.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/01/09/peter-king-sees-andy-dalton-patriots-candidate-replace-tom-brady/4425745002/

On 1/21/2020 at 2:45 PM, JonMcC2018 said:

Off the top of my head the teams in the market for a starting QB are potentially:

Dolphins

Bengals

Colts

Titans

Raiders

Chargers

Broncos

Bears

Bucs

Panthers

So that's a lot of options. Whilst he is 42 and showing decline it's hard to believe that at least one of those teams doesn't look to make Brady a short term offer better than what the Patriots are willing to give him.

I think Brady desperately wants to finish his career in New England but has grown resentful of taking less than his market worth and he'll be gone. I reckon to the...... Bucs.

Felling pretty smug.B|

But also pretty sad.:(

The fairy tale ending was Brady finishing his career with the Pats, perhaps with a Super Bowl win. But how realistic was that really with the two personalities involved? I actually think this works out pretty well for both sides. In terms of how it could have finished (Brady benched, Kraft interfering, etc), this is just about as good as it could have been.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JonMcC2018 said:

Felling pretty smug.B|

But also pretty sad.:(

The fairy tale ending was Brady finishing his career with the Pats, perhaps with a Super Bowl win. But how realistic was that really with the two personalities involved? I actually think this works out pretty well for both sides. In terms of how it could have finished (Brady benched, Kraft interfering, etc), this is just about as good as it could have been.

My reaction specifically to the Bucc's back in January:

On 1/21/2020 at 12:52 PM, DoleINGout said:

🤨

I came around sooner than most to the idea of Brady-to-Tampa, but still not as soon as you. Fantastic job.

Edited by DoleINGout

9 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Duron Harmon is gone! Yes!!

Traded to Lions for a flip of late draft pick positions.

Cap clearing move. Totally necessary. Bunch left to do.

Let's make new threads for news like this:

This offseason thread should not be a mega thread for everything

I remember Ebner being picked up and everyone on the forum loving the weirdness of drafting a rugby player with no football experience. Always been a favorite of mine. One of the best ST aces in the league now, if he wasn't on the same team as Slater he'd probably get more credit. Hope he does well.

42 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Im sorry do you have a point? That is around the league news that relates to the Patriots. If not that, what is this thread for? You think I should lock this up now?

Think he's oh so subtly trying to point out that you went against your own directive to keep those roster moves to dedicated threads instead of using this one as a catch-all.

In other news.  Thuney signed his tender.  We're on 3.2M free cap.  Does he get traded?