Offseason Thread

Elky

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Yep. Told ya'll this is likely.

Yeah I was thinking about that, the trouble is a reliable RB out of the backfield is a good friend to a developing QB. Assuming they roll with Stidham, they're going to need someone to be his safety blanket. Michel has proven he's not going to be much of a pass catcher.

EDIT: Edelman is another guy who could be on the outs. 33, banged up, hands are going. I don't know his contract situ. though.

Edited by ChazStandard

Do we need a pass catching back anymore? Like a pass catching only type of the Kevin Faulk, Danny Woodhead, Shane Vereen, Jame White variety? Personally I'd like to try and mimic Baltimore's offense if they can get their hands on an athletic QB. Stidham can run, but not enough of a threat for an RPO scheme

2 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Yeah I was thinking about that, the trouble is a reliable RB out of the backfield is a good friend to a developing QB. Assuming they roll with Stidham, they're going to need someone to be his safety blanket. Michel has proven he's not going to be much of a pass catcher.

This is true however we need draft choices. I would go to the draft for a 3rd down back. The more choices the more BB can move around on the draft board.    Off hand, doesn't anyone know a 3rd down back in in the draft.  some aroudn the 3/4 round?

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Do we need a pass catching back anymore? Like a pass catching only type of the Kevin Faulk, Danny Woodhead, Shane Vereen, Jame White variety? Personally I'd like to try and mimic Baltimore's offense if they can get their hands on an athletic QB. Stidham can run, but not enough of a threat for an RPO scheme

Draft Jalen Hurts (Jackson) and AJ Dillon (Ingram)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Do we need a pass catching back, as we would with a QB driven pass-first offense? No. Would it be nice to have 1 RB on the roster who doesn't have stone hand? Yes. White is versatile, he was out-performing Michel as a runner at time. I would certainly field trade offers for him though,

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

Do we need a pass catching back, as we would with a QB driven pass-first offense? No. Would it be nice to have 1 RB on the roster who doesn't have stone hand? Yes. White is versatile, he was out-performing Michel as a runner at time. I would certainly field trade offers for him though,

Rexy is fine as that gadget back/change of pace. He's only like 700k cheaper but it honestly doesnt make a ton of sense to have them both on the roster sans Brady

With Michel getting at least another look, a 2nd round unknown in Harris, and Burk/White as COP backs, who can they really afford to bring in? Not a vet worth anything because of cap constraints, and are you going to spend 3 day 1/2 picks on a back in consecutive years? 

Maybe Gore would come in on a minimum deal.

11 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

With Michel getting at least another look, a 2nd round unknown in Harris, and Burk/White as COP backs, who can they really afford to bring in? Not a vet worth anything because of cap constraints, and are you going to spend 3 day 1/2 picks on a back in consecutive years? 

Maybe Gore would come in on a minimum deal.

Im actually high on Harris' 3 down back potential. He has that one stick and go mentality and burst.