Jump to content
Elky

Offseason Thread

Recommended Posts

Trade Edelman

If the Patriots could acquire pick No. 139 in the fourth round from the Bucs in exchange for Edelman, that would be compensation that would have to make Belichick & Co. think a little bit, especially considering the financial relief that would accompany a trade.

https://www.boston.com/sports/nfl/2020/03/22/tom-brady-julian-edelman-patriots-buccaneers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, m haynes said:

Trade Edelman

If the Patriots could acquire pick No. 139 in the fourth round from the Bucs in exchange for Edelman, that would be compensation that would have to make Belichick & Co. think a little bit, especially considering the financial relief that would accompany a trade.

https://www.boston.com/sports/nfl/2020/03/22/tom-brady-julian-edelman-patriots-buccaneers

I'd start with White in that front. Bucs have more of a need and opening there. Edelman could still be useful for a young QB and instills culture. White has basically made his career by chemistry with Brady. He's utterly useless now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

I'd start with White in that front. Bucs have more of a need and opening there. Edelman could still be useful for a young QB and instills culture. White has basically made his career by chemistry with Brady. He's utterly useless now.

I don't agree. Edelman goes no matter what. He is 34 years old and not part of the future. Forget the culture crap other players are still there.  I totally disagree with the White comment. He one of the best 3rd down backs in the NFL. Every team would love to have him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Y’all really trying to get Lawrence, huh?

no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

no.

 

Seems that way. If Stidham is to have any chance, and I’m not sure he even does right now, he’s going to need a reliable target or two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

 

Seems that way. If Stidham is to have any chance, and I’m not sure he even does right now, he’s going to need a reliable target or two. 

I am all set with Lawrence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patriots To Sign DB Cody Davis  career ST- er Ebner replacement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

 

Seems that way. If Stidham is to have any chance, and I’m not sure he even does right now, he’s going to need a reliable target or two. 

The logic seems to be that the Patriots must suck in order to get good again. I won't put it past Bill to prove that wrong.

White is hardly anything special. He's useless running the ball, isn't quick or a fast for a RB his size, and has zero contact balance. The guy consistently gets tripped up by grass and it's frustrating. He made his money knowing what Brady wanted and putting himself in the right position to get what he could. I don't think he's anything outside of Brady. Given the fact that Tampa Bay has a need there and Brady wanting something of a safety blanket that he is comfortable with, I think we could get some decent value in return for him. Hell, we could probably get value back from one of the leechers in Detroit or Miami given their needs. We won't get that with Edelman. We're better off keeping him for the next guy up at the QB position. With Brady gone, I honestly don't think we need White anymore.

Add in the fact that New England has a penchant for finding pass catching RBs, and couldn't develop a WR if they had a lab to do it in, I think White represents a scenario where we could get some draft value, and not lose much (if anything at all), at a very replaceable position. It wouldn't even be a "tank" move, despite people throwing that around.

If Stidham is indeed the guy, the Patriots need to change their formula and take advantage of this draft class at the WR position, if last preseason is any indication of how we should build around him.

 

Edited by Nex_Gen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edelman is a Pats legend but yeah I would totally trade him now, same thing with White 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

The logic seems to be that the Patriots must suck in order to get good again. I won't put it past Bill to prove that wrong.

White is hardly anything special. He's useless running the ball, isn't quick or a fast for a RB his size, and has zero contact balance. The guy consistently gets tripped up by grass and it's frustrating. He made his money knowing what Brady wanted and putting himself in the right position to get what he could. I don't think he's anything outside of Brady. Given the fact that Tampa Bay has a need there and Brady wanting something of a safety blanket that he is comfortable with, I think we could get some decent value in return for him. Hell, we could probably get value back from one of the leechers in Detroit or Miami given their needs. We won't get that with Edelman. We're better off keeping him for the next guy up at the QB position. With Brady gone, I honestly don't think we need White anymore.

Add in the fact that New England has a penchant for finding pass catching RBs, and couldn't develop a WR if they had a lab to do it in, I think White represents a scenario where we could get some draft value, and not lose much (if anything at all), at a very replaceable position. It wouldn't even be a "tank" move, despite people throwing that around.

If Stidham is indeed the guy, the Patriots need to change their formula and take advantage of this draft class at the WR position, if last preseason is any indication of how we should build around him.

 

I completly disagree on you White comment. White for his skills, he's one of the best. I don't get the 3rd down lab comment fro 3rd down backs. We have had only two predominate 3rd backs in 20 years.

Edelman IMO is the guy that has to go.( as well as White but I'm not giving him away !) Last year he was not the same player for a variety of reasons. He is 34 and who knows if he has anything left. Lot of fans just think our players can go on forever. I read somewhere that its a matter of time before he is traded.  He will be traded at the June 1st dead line for cap reasons.

Quote

If Stidham is indeed the guy, the Patriots need to change their formula and take advantage of this draft class at the WR position, if last preseason is any indication of how we should build around him.

Don't understand ? If your suggesting a WR at 23 I completely disagree. I hated they picked on last year. IMO WR are secondary positions on a football team. We have seen this over the last 20 years. Give me QB and OL and I kick the crap out of the team with so call #1 WR.  No OL no win! Just ask the Browns and NYG. and many other shiny cars with no engines!!!

Quote

I don't think he's anything outside of Brady. 

I would like to ask Andy Reid and KC if they think that's true!

Edited by m haynes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2020 at 5:35 PM, Yin-Yang said:

 

Seems that way. If Stidham is to have any chance, and I’m not sure he even does right now, he’s going to need a reliable target or two. 

I don't see how anyone can think tank. Do you really think JE is the be all end all? He is a 34 year old broken down WR, if you really look at him. What will his mind set be now that Brady is gone.

I love Jules but now is the time, it has nothing to do with tanking.

Also remember who our coach is, do really think he will tank. I don't.  I can't believe the doom and gloom. Haven't we learned over the years. Milloy, Mankin,Seymour gone keep on rolling. Brady hurt bring FREAKING CASSEL keep on rolling.

Brady gone, We still have number one defense. Yes I know we lost players but we already have replacement in Allen and Philips. We also have 12 draft choices. Oh, I forgot there's a coach that knows winning and defense.

God for bid Stidhman turns out to be a QB its not like it hasn't happen before. Will he be Brady, unlikely but he still can be a damn good QB. His rookie camp was impressive and he was one of the top performers from his draft class. I even read others poster referring to his interception pass as the reason we need to find a QB. Really! If that true Brady is done. His last throw was int. It's down hill from there!

PS  This is a team that beat the powerful Texans with a rookie 3rd string QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tanking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×