Offseason Thread

Elky

Tried my hand at drafting today. It's raining out and all indoor projects are done. So I decided to draft

23 Isaiah Simmons, LB Clemson  The idiots before me just didn't see the value just kidding :D

87 Jalen Hurts QB Oklahoma

98 Van Jefferson WR Florida

100 Brycen Hopkins TE Purdue

125 Thaddeus Moss TE LSU

172 Khalil Davis IDL Nebraska

195 Tanner Muse S Clemson

204 Nevelle Clarke CB UCF

212 Omar Bayless WR Arkansas State

213 Gage Cervenka IO Clemson

230 Scott Frantz  OT Kansas State

241 James Proche WR SMU

It will never happen, Simmons at 23 but it would be awesome. Put him in Chungs position to start,  than create a new dynamic. You could do so much more with his ability.

32 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Tried my hand at drafting today. It's raining out and all indoor projects are done. So I decided to draft

23 Isaiah Simmons, LB Clemson  The idiots before me just didn't see the value just kidding :D

87 Jalen Hurts QB Oklahoma

98 Van Jefferson WR Florida

100 Brycen Hopkins TE Purdue

125 Thaddeus Moss TE LSU

172 Khalil Davis IDL Nebraska

195 Tanner Muse S Clemson

204 Nevelle Clarke CB UCF

212 Omar Bayless WR Arkansas State

213 Gage Cervenka IO Clemson

230 Scott Frantz  OT Kansas State

241 James Proche WR SMU

It will never happen, Simmons at 23 but it would be awesome. Put him in Chungs position to start,  than create a new dynamic. You could do so much more with his ability.

Not a fan of Hurst personally. I think thats too early for Thad. James Proche that late is a steal IMO.

AND HOLY HELL, every mock I have been a part of has seen Simmons go top 10. Whoever was picking ahead of you messed up big time. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Not a fan of Hurst personally. I think thats too early for Thad. James Proche that late is a steal IMO.

AND HOLY HELL, every mock I have been a part of has seen Simmons go top 10. Whoever was picking ahead of you messed up big time. 

I feel the same way on Hurt however  I said he would stink at OK, he played really well. THis kid a winner and I think BB will pull the trigger on him. 

Thad was picked to off set the skill Hopkins. Thad is one of the best 2 WAY TE in this draft, and his strongest skill is blocking. Plus I'm not that concern were we pick a player as as he can play. I look at the Hopkins and Moss pairing to be quite effective in the Pats offense.  2 TE set , Moss in line Hopkins flex could be really effective. There skills play off each other.

Edited by m haynes

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I think the Patriots will use their picks to trade for at least two players. There are a lot of guys on the trade block right now and the Pats have a ton of late picks and three thirds. I expect a trade out of 23 for a second and third as well.

I could see it. It's a good prediction. I had us trading last year's first though, which never came. But we'll see. I kind of hope so.

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Pretty sure Tua will be a Fin. If so, how do we feel about that? I'd rather take Justin

Good player, but injury prone. Only excitement would be that it makes the division more interesting as far as competitiveness. Herbert is more of a project QB who I think would be a better pick long term sitting behind Fitz and Rosen this year.

9 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I could see it. It's a good prediction. I had us trading last year's first though, which never came. But we'll see. I kind of hope so.

Look for the Pats to acquire PJ Hall perhaps on day 3. They really looked hard at Hall in the pre-draft process putting him through a workout and hosting him for one of their 30 private visits as well as one other documented meeting at the combine.

PJ Hall is reportedly on the trade block. Patriots could probably get Hall with one of their two fourth round picks easily if not for less.

Trying to poll what some of you guys think in terms of how the Patriots operate. If Herbert falls past 6, do you think the Patriots would move up for him? 

I know Belichick usually looks to collect picks, but we're also in unprecedented times. There's been chatter that the Patriots want to shift to more of an athletic QB post-Brady, and when you consider some of their values (dating back to the Bill Parcells QB rules, which Herbert passes 7-out-of-7), it feels like a fit.

I'm not sure they would move into the top 10, but can you see the Patriots packaging picks and/or players to move into the top 15?

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

Trying to poll what some of you guys think in terms of how the Patriots operate. If Herbert falls past 6, do you think the Patriots would move up for him? 

I know Belichick usually looks to collect picks, but we're also in unprecedented times. There's been chatter that the Patriots want to shift to more of an athletic QB post-Brady, and when you consider some of their values (dating back to the Bill Parcells QB rules, which Herbert passes 7-out-of-7), it feels like a fit.

I'm not sure they would move into the top 10, but can you see the Patriots packaging picks and/or players to move into the top 15?

If they're doing that, it would be for Tua. And Tua would have to fall far enough. I don't think Herbert is on the radar. The Patriots' mold of QBs is attention to detail, and doing the little things well. Herbert is the exact opposite of that.