Offseason Thread

Elky

On 5/20/2020 at 8:19 AM, Elky said:

The fact is Harry sucks and we all knew what was going to happen. Major waste of a pick.

Half a season recovering from an injury plus one playoff game isn’t even close to enough time to pass judgement on Harry. He’s an elite talent DEFINITELY worthy of his draft spot. I’ve seen him in action playing for Arizona State, and he’s the most talented receiver the Patriots have drafted in a VERY long time. I’m not saying he’s going to be Randy Moss, but he can be a dynamic NFL playmaker. I have no doubt about that. WHOEVER ends up as our long-term QB will be very thankful to have him. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, rfournier103 said:

Half a season recovering from an injury plus one playoff game isn’t even close to enough time to pass judgement on Harry. He’s an elite talent DEFINITELY worthy of his draft spot. I’ve seen him in action playing for Arizona State, and he’s the most talented receiver the Patriots have drafted in a VERY long time. I’m not saying he’s going to be Randy Moss, but he can be a dynamic NFL playmaker. I have no doubt about that. WHOEVER ends up as our long-term QB will be very thankful to have him. 

He’s an elite talent DEFINITELY worthy of his draft spot.

Where in college. What skills are elite ?

most talented receiver the Patriots have drafted in a VERY long time.

Well, that doesn't speak well for the Pats drafting and taking Harry. They are awful drafting WR.

dynamic NFL playmaker.

Dynamic. Is a word to go with the best in the game. If you believe that true as you mentioned you watched him AS. Maybe a little to much fan in you!  He has no elite skills other than size. He is slow and lacks quickness.  He's working on his footwork this off season. Why ? I tell you, without  fixing his major problem, we're looking at a 1st RD bust.

I don't describe to the injury held him back. Yes with rhythm and knowing the offense, however BB would not put him on the field if he couldn't play. He was dominate in college however now he's going against the big boys and he can't you just use his size.  Forgot, the scouting reports said he lacked separation in college however he just physically dominated the CBs. CB that most likely never will play in the NFL!

Don't get me wrong here, I hope he the next Micheal Irvin however if what he doing now doesn't work. The Pats blew it again on another WR.

Edited by m haynes

44 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Dynamic. Is a word to go with the best in the game.

dynamic has to be one of the most misunderstood words in the English language. When used as an adjective to describe a person it simply means positive and full of energy and/or forceful. Not sure why that would be restricted to only the best in the game. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

dynamic has to be one of the most misunderstood words in the English language. When used as an adjective to describe a person it simply means positive and full of energy and/or forceful. Not sure why that would be restricted to only the best in the game. 

Well that the way I look at it when it comes to football.  I don't care how its used in the English language. In football language, it describes the best in the game.

2 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Well that the way I look at it when it comes to football.  I don't care how its used in the English language. In football language, it describes the best in the game.

Im sorry, I only speak english. I know I know, I should get a second language but I was thinking Italian soooo

• Like 4

On 26/05/2020 at 4:41 PM, Deadpulse said:

I use dynamic to mean; multi-faceted and can adapt/change. Like dynamic weather in games means it rains then shines....

Cordarelle Paterson is a dynamic player - a WR that learn to run the ball and return etc. Changeable, multi-faceted...etc. What do you reckon?

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I use dynamic to mean; multi-faceted and can adapt/change. Like dynamic weather in games means it rains then shines....

Cordarelle Paterson is a dynamic player - a WR that learn to run the ball and return etc. Changeable, multi-faceted...etc. What do you reckon?

Sorry man, that's not what dynamic means

Capture.png

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Sorry man, that's not what dynamic means

Capture.png

Are you sure?

dynamic adjective (CHANGING)

Business innovation is a dynamic process.
The situation is dynamic and may change at any time.
Synonym

or from the same site you used?

dynamic

adjective
dy·nam·ic | \ dī-ˈna-mik  \

Definition of dynamic

(Entry 1 of 2)

1a: marked by usually continuous and productive activity or changea dynamic city
b: ENERGETIC, FORCEFULa dynamic personality

Why did you look up thesaurus and not a dictionary? 

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

35 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Because you used the word multifaceted twice and I was showing you that the two are not related? 

I also used change/changeable twice, and look - complete match in terms of definition. I even put changeable before multifaceted on my example. But you chose to go straight in with 'INCORRECT'. You don't always have to be a contrarian, dude. 

And in football terms, a multifaceted player would be changeable, wouldn't he. Like Patterson, can be a returner or a runner or a receiver. He's both changeable and multifaceted. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

Ugh, heartbreaking

Longtime New England Patriots captain Devin McCourty and his wife, Michelle, are grieving the loss of their daughter Mia, who was stillborn last Sunday.

"I cry as I type this. Dev and I suffered the most painful experience of our lives," Michelle wrote on Instagram. "My pregnancy had resulted in a still birth at almost 8 months of being pregnant -- at exactly 31 weeks 2 days when we found out that the baby girl growing inside me no longer had a heart beat after being completely fine the week before at my last doctor's [appointment].

"We are so heartbroken. We are devastated. We are speechless. We are angry. We are sad. We are confused. We are numb."

Devin, who has spent his entire 11-year career with the Patriots, shared the post on his Twitter account. In recent media interviews, he had expressed excitement that the couple were expecting their third child.

"While trying to cope with our family's loss, we appreciate the love and support we've already gotten, and just ask that you respect our privacy during this difficult time, since we have no answers to give anyway," Michelle wrote in her post.

Devin McCourty's charitable work, and leadership role in the Players Coalition, has made him one of the NFL's most influential players off the field.

Along with his twin brother Jason, he is a finalist for ESPN's Muhammad Ali Humanitarian Award, given to those "whose demonstrated leadership has created a positive impact on their community through sports."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29245524/pats-devin-mccourty-wife-grieve-loss-stillborn-daughter

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 10:51 AM, m haynes said:

Where in college. What skills are elite ?

Hands. Blocking. RAC is above average. Catch radius is above average.

The only thing he doesn't do well is separate, but he separates in the air when the ball is thrown, if that makes sense.

I think Harry will be good. He wasn't an elite prospect, but he wasn't overdrafted either. You're making a judgment on the kid way too soon IMO.

• 2 weeks later...