Offseason Thread

Elky

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

Not happening.

Wouldn’t happen for Ertz, either. 29 years old, one year left on the deal, NE cap strapped, etc. 

If you came to them before the trade deadline this past season with that offer, it might’ve been different.

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Wouldn’t happen for Ertz, either. 29 years old, one year left on the deal, NE cap strapped, etc. 

If you came to them before the trade deadline this past season with that offer, it might’ve been different.

I thought it unlikely, but wanted to get your opinions on it. Figured maybe if you guys thought to go all in for one more go round with Tom you might be willing.

I expect big changes with regards to receivers.. whether brady stays or goes 

WR

• What are the odds Sanu could be traded for a 3rd round pick this offseason? If possible, I believe that would save roughly 6 Million on the cap. Trading him for a 3rd or 4th round pick would likely be worth it if the team can grab a more reliable player to pair with Edelman next year. 
  • What can Gunnar do in year 2? .. he surprised most people making the team. He can add a lot to the return game prevent Edelman from being over used  
  • Harry has to at minimum become a major red zone threat in his second year.. he isn't a burner but he needs to use his strength to win one on one match ups.. he seemed too timid as a rookie
  • In the draft I would be 100% focused on finding a fast receiver who could stretch the field like dorsett should have in this offense. Terry Mclaurin had a 4.35 40 at the combine and was drafted in the 3rd round last year. 

TE

• Total rehab of the position.. a free agent like Ebron would be a good start.. followed by 2 TE's in the draft
  • A tall, strong TE in the red zone with Harry could be an instant turn around to the teams redzone issues of 2019

Just now, Danger said:

I thought it unlikely, but wanted to get your opinions on it. Figured maybe if you guys thought to go all in for one more go round with Tom you might be willing.

It makes sense but NE doesn’t have a ton of cap space to throw around and will be sorely lacking talent in some areas after free agency. Tom Brady, Joe Thuney, Kyle Van Noy, Devin McCourty, Jamie Collins, and others are all FAs with under $40M in space. NE not going to be able to put $12M on the books for Ertz without a serious restructure.