Offseason Thread

Elky

7 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

My concern is that it seems that they need to hit on a lot of different pieces. They need to revamp the offense completely from top to bottom. They need to resign some guys on defense, not sure where all the pieces are going to come from. They really need experienced players on offense and they lost their 2nd round pick.

I don’t know that they really need to revamp the entire offense, they need better luck with injuries up front and a couple more pieces 

Getting Andrews and Devlin back will be huge, that gives you a run game, which in turn means defenses can’t sell out against the pass

Getting Ghostkowski back changes how you play in the red zone 

Michel isn’t gonna set the world on fire but they have depth at RB

Set at QB unless Brady leaves 

Edelman, Harry, maybe Meyers and Dorset are pieces next year.  Between Harry and Meyers you would hope but not count on one or both taking a step forward 

You basically need a #1 outside receiver to take pressure off Edelman and a decent tight end, you get those two pieces and the big guys are healthier next year the offense is fine

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Elky said:

Meyers and Dorsett are worthless. No other team would take them, not even Cleveland.

I wouldnt be shocked if those guys are gone, was more reacting to Edelman

That being said I think there's a good chance at least one of them comes back

I am not sure how much faith you can put on Edelman at this point, he looked mentally checked out this year as well as injured. May be he can turn it around next year but he will be 34 though, the tank could just be running dry. I have faith in Harry though, Meyers looked Ok at times but Dorsett is really not very good.

Would like to see the following leave if for no other reason than they're not worth their next or current contract: both McCourty's, Edelman, Chung, Harmon, Wise, Van Noy, McDaniels, Watson, Brooks, Shelton, Cannon, Gostkowski. Collins too potentially if he commands a considerable bump in salary.

1. Seriously upgrade interior defensive line depth.

2. Find an edge rusher who isn't a liability versus the run.

3. Invest in the tight end position heavily.

4. Safety depth

5. Receiver depth

A right tackle might be found in Yodney Cajuste. Joejaun Williams looks like he will be good to me. You have to hope Sanu is better because of the commitment to him with the stupid trade. Maybe Brady comes back, maybe Sacrnecchia comes back, maybe Belichick comes back, maybe Kraft isn't the principal owner and Jonathan takes over highest rank, but even if all of those things change the Patriots really isn't that far away.

Edited by DoleINGout

Elky.. I know bad football.  I'm a Raiders fan.  You just got the best 20 year run in NFL history, you should be thanking Brady and BB.  CLASS organization.  From top to bottom.  Put the drink down, sunshine.  

• Like 7

Just now, Totty said:

Elky.. I know bad football.  I'm a Raiders fan.  You just got the best 20 year run in NFL history, you should be thanking Brady and BB.  CLASS organization.  From top to bottom.  Put the drink down, sunshine.  

Although passionate and valid in some respects, @Elky comes off as just really spoiled rotten. Best to keep that in mind when trying to understand where he is coming from with things he suggests. Plus, it is right after the loss and the worst possible time for him to be rational along with a number of other people.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Although passionate and valid in some respects, @Elky comes off as just really spoiled rotten. Best to keep that in mind when trying to understand where he is coming from with things he suggests. Plus, it is right after the loss and the worst possible time for him to be rational along with a number of other people.

It's called I'm pointing out we lost because Belichick totally ****ed up this year.

14 minutes ago, Elky said:

It's called I'm pointing out we lost because Belichick totally ****ed up this year.

oh my god

we lost because nobody wins the super bowl every year

we didnt win the super bowl for 10 years... should we have fired Belichick all of those seasons?