Offseason Thread

Elky

15 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

KVN will be back, he's trash anywhere else and he knows it. 

I think so too but some of these guys are really going to ask for more. You know what the best part about losing in the WC? Most of our guys price tags wont go up from being on a "super bowl winning team". 

3 hours ago, Goldenboy12 said:

Also side note lol if Brady for whatever does leave to say join lets just say team X? You go draft someone, stick with Stidham and build up the defense. This roster isn't that bad but they have some cap trimmings that they can do and some of them are tough conversations *Looking at you Hightower*. 

Stick with Stidham, hope for Hurts, but sign Taysom Hill and see what happens.

I agree the roster is well off even with Van Noy, McCourty, Collins, Gostkowski, Edelman, Brady, et cetera potentially leaving.

Also, good call on Hightower. I just think that is the wrong guy to let go, even if the cap space saved seems quite necessary.

• Like 1

Here's what I'd like to see happen:

1. Sign A.J. Green or Emmanuel Sanders

Don't bother trading for OBJ. It would cost too much capital and he would suck up too much cap room because of his contract. Plus it would look stupid to cut AB because he's insane and then trade for OBJ.

2. Trade for Cameron Brate

Tampa is pretty adamant about keep O.J. Howard. Brate may not cost that much

3. Trade down on draft day

Let's focus on acquiring as many draft picks as possible to rebuild the roster for the post-Brady era. Areas of focus are WR, TE, OL and QB.

4. Draft Jalen Hurts

Right now he's not projected to be drafted within the first two days. Not to say he's Brady's guaranteed successor, but even if Brady comes back for 2020, we shouldn't have Stidham as the only other quarterback on the roster.

5. Bring in Chad O'Shea to replace Josh McDaniels.

Not really sure why they let O'Shea go for Chan Gailey because he made the offense look at least competent down the stretch.

Edited by Elky

12 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Tom’s IG this morning sounds like someone who is coming back tbh

"tombrady I just wanted to say to all of our fans, THANK YOU! After a few days of reflection, I am so grateful and humbled by the unconditional support you have shown me the past two decades. Running out of that tunnel every week is a feeling that is hard to explain. I wish every season ended in a win, but that’s not the nature of sports (or life). Nobody plays to lose. But the reward for working hard is just that, the work!! I have been blessed to find a career I love, teammates who go to battle with me, an organization that believes in me, and fans who have been behind us every step of the way. 
Every one of us that works at Gillette Stadium strived to do their best, spent themselves at a worthy cause, and prepared to fail while daring greatly (h/t Teddy Roosevelt). And for that, we’ve been rewarded with something that the scoreboard won’t show - the satisfaction of knowing we gave everything to each other in pursuit of a common goal. That is what TEAM is all about. 
In both life and football, failure is inevitable. You dont always win. You can, however, learn from that failure, pick yourself up with great enthusiasm, and place yourself in the arena again. 
And that’s right where you will find me. Because I know I still have more to prove."

6 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

God, please no.

Why not? He has killer intangibles and has shown he's coachable. Even if he doesn't pan out (which won't hurt us that much if he stays a day 3 pick), we need to get in the habit of regularly drafting quarterbacks.

Edited by Elky