Divisional: TEN@BAL

Manny/Patrick

it's absurd how people in here are acting like titans fans are just supposed to roll over and die this week. literally all of us know we're the underdogs for good reason in this one, but what the hell is the point of just saying "well gee, guess we're gonna lose, the ravens are too good" all week? it's the damn playoffs. we're gonna roll with our boys.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

it's absurd how people in here are acting like titans fans are just supposed to roll over and die this week. literally all of us know we're the underdogs for good reason in this one, but what the hell is the point of just saying "well gee, guess we're gonna lose, the ravens are too good" all week? it's the damn playoffs. we're gonna roll with our boys.

I don't think anyone here who is to be taken seriously thinks Tennessee will roll over and die. It's just such a mismatch of teams at face value. Baltimore has steam rolled all season and beaten the best teams in the NFL. Tennessee squeaked by a Patriots team that basically limped into the playoffs after losing to arguably the worst team in the NFL in week 17.

Anything can happen in the playoffs, but I think barring Baltimore coming out of the gate and looking completely lost after a 2 week break, this won't be much of a game at all. Tennessee isn't built to play from behind (man this ironic saying this after it was said about Baltimore all freaking year), they're built to run Derrick Henry 35 times, but if you're behind by 3 scores and Baltimore's offense is chewing the clock, you have no choice but rely on Ryan Tannehill.

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Saw this video - I miss Turron's days with Baltimore, he's a great guy to have.

Anyways, I completely forgot about Pees vs. Roman in the Superbowl. Our gameplan that day was fantastic because we completely eliminated any threat of the read option by just hitting Kaepernick on every play. I suspect Dean will do the same this time around, and I also suspect Roman will make adjustments off of it.

The Ravens have had a lot of success against Pees since he left here, and we did that with Joe freaking Flacco at QB, so I'm not too worried about facing him again. Besides, Pees had Suggs, Ngata, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed on his team back then. He has exactly none of those guys, or guys of that caliber on this team now. Closest they've got is Kevin Byard.

TD is awesome for sure, love that guy

And yeah asking Correa (who you guys gave up for a 6th) to hit the QB is a lot different than asking Suggs to I will say lol, however, Daquan Jones is one of the most underrated NT’s in the league, Jeffrey Simmons has been living up to his draft status the moment he stepped on to the field, Jurrell Casey is still on the line, and Rashaan Evans is better physically than Ray Lewis was at that point in his career. Of the 4 guys you named the only one I don’t expect us to be able to equal or come close to equaling is Suggs. Also, Vacarro can thump just like Pollard but he is much better in coverage.

3 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

The Titans have the best QB/RB tandem. Lamar is better than Tannehill for me but Henry makes up the difference vs Ingram. 

I don't care how well Tannehil played this year, the gap between him and Lamar is insurmountable. Two Derrick Henry's couldn't narrow the gap.

Tbh, Conventional logic says Baltimore is gonna blow the Titans out and they might.

But I'd Tennessee can use Henry to chew off large chunks of clock and get into the endzone with their drives consistently, it is very possible they could pull off the upset. They gotta be smart with the football while keeping Jackson off of the field.

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Yep. Props to you & your fans, that's exactly what any fan base should do/does. It's playoff football - who cares what the stats say. If you don't go in believing your team can win - whats the point? I certainly wouldn't be shocked if the Titans play a better game. All that matters is who is the better team that day. I've seen plenty of TEN/BAL matchups where the better team that season didn't necessarily win. When you can run the ball like that you ALWAYS have a chance.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Tbh, Conventional logic says Baltimore is gonna blow the Titans out and they might.

But I'd Tennessee can use Henry to chew off large chunks of clock and get into the endzone with their drives consistently, it is very possible they could pull off the upset. They gotta be smart with the football while keeping Jackson off of the field.

Reminder that the Titans did not score a single point in the 2nd half of the game and it was mostly them running Derrick Henry. The formula wasn't as simple as "give ball to Henry and score".

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Reminder that the Titans did not score a single point in the 2nd half of the game and it was mostly them running Derrick Henry. The formula wasn't as simple as "give ball to Henry and score".

I never said it was simple at all. I said that's their best chance to win. 

Just now, wwhickok said:

I never said it was simple at all. I said that's their best chance to win. 

Agreed there, I'm just not sure how sustainable that will be when Baltimore is the best team in the NFL at chewing up clock and scoring. Trying to beat them at their own game seems like you're only going to end up looking like a fool.

The best chance to beat Baltimore has and still is get an early lead and force Lamar to become a drop back passer the entire game - I mean the same could be said for basically any team but yeah - and Tennessee just isn't built to be that team.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Agreed there, I'm just not sure how sustainable that will be when Baltimore is the best team in the NFL at chewing up clock and scoring. Trying to beat them at their own game seems like you're only going to end up looking like a fool.

The best chance to beat Baltimore has and still is get an early lead and force Lamar to become a drop back passer the entire game - I mean the same could be said for basically any team but yeah - and Tennessee just isn't built to be that team.

I agree with that. Titans better hope they win the coin toss.

42 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

Beating NE this year is hardly worth bragging about. What's funny is that Titans fan think they're onto something because of this win.

Well, you're on to Baltimore... and you're about to be the ones getting slapped far worse than a single score defeat.

Why are you siding with Balt? They've handed us more painful losses than TEN lol. Completely fine to pick Baltimore (most will), but I'm rooting for TEN here even if they did knock us out. Oh well. 

12 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Why are you siding with Balt? They've handed us more painful losses than TEN lol. Completely fine to pick Baltimore (most will), but I'm rooting for TEN here even if they did knock us out. Oh well. 

I'm not necessarily siding with Baltimore, I'm just stating the facts. There is no way Tennessee hangs with Baltimore in this game.

And yes, Titans fans, I am salty we lost but you know what? We deserved it. Our offense struggled all year, they needed a wakeup call. These big heads coming out though thinking that beating a limping NE this year means they have a real shot at Baltimore or the superbowl is pretty funny.

You're talking about the Titans taking on the team with the highest scoring offense, and a top 5 defense. I would love for someone to explain to me how they stand a legitimate chance.

Edited by lolsurebro