Divisional: TEN@BAL

Manny/Patrick

10 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Peters getting destroyed by Brown

or

Peters making a huge play

to me that’s where the difference will be made if the game is close in the 4th and I expect it to be since both teams pound the rock.

With AJ's size/strength/speed I'd be surprised if it wasn't Marlon Humphrey covering Brown for a majority of the game

Edited by Ray Reed

19 hours ago, dtait93 said:

If there is rain, someone else said it best - I would much prefer a tractor in the mud than a ferrari. I think the rain would play in to our hands.

I'm glad someone is acknowledging we have the talent on the defensive side to at least make it interesting - in the secondary there's Byard (as you mentioned), Logan Ryan (who tied for 8th in interceptions amongst CB's), Vacarro is great in the box and solid in coverage, and Adoree returned last week, played well, and has developed in to a good #1 corner for us. On the d-line Daquan Jones is one of the best NT's in the league nobody pays attention to, we still have Casey, and Jeffery Simmons has lived up to the draft hype. Then you have Evans in our LB corps who proved why he was a first rounder with the goal line stand against NE:

To the first bolded part - exactly

To the second bolded part - you most likely won't find a bigger fanbase of Jeffery Simmons prior to the draft than in the Ravens board. This was the guy many of us wanted in the 1. round.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, showtime said:

I've doubted the Titans a lot before the season started and against the Patriots last week.  The Titans have been impressive and they have a shot to win this game.  I'm looking forward to watching Derrick Henry smash mouth into that Ravens defense.  I still feel like Lamar Jackson has something to prove here.  He was the MVP of the regular season, but he needs to do it in the postseason now.

Ravens fans certainly hope he proves it as well. One thing is, that it would be a huge let down to see us playing so well in the regular season only to leave a big fat turd on our home field like last year. 

Secondly we would have to fight the narrative all offseason and next season and every playoff game that Lamar can't win in the big games if the Ravens go out and lose to the Titans. Thats just how it is. 

Titans is some sort of litmus test, where the Ravens have to prove that their young core and a couple of seasoned vets can go win a game where they are the favorites. If they get past the Titans and eventually lose to a Patrick Mahomes led Chiefs and their group of playmakers and ascending defense, it can be reasoned that they just faced and lost to talented team without if having to bear any narrative beyond that.

19 hours ago, dtait93 said:

If there is rain, someone else said it best - I would much prefer a tractor in the mud than a ferrari. I think the rain would play in to our hands.

I'm glad someone is acknowledging we have the talent on the defensive side to at least make it interesting - in the secondary there's Byard (as you mentioned), Logan Ryan (who tied for 8th in interceptions amongst CB's), Vacarro is great in the box and solid in coverage, and Adoree returned last week, played well, and has developed in to a good #1 corner for us. On the d-line Daquan Jones is one of the best NT's in the league nobody pays attention to, we still have Casey, and Jeffery Simmons has lived up to the draft hype. Then you have Evans in our LB corps who proved why he was a first rounder with the goal line stand against NE:

And I'm not saying we're going to stop a historic rushing attack, but we do have the talent and minds in Vrabel and Pees that have the ability to atleast make it interesting. If Buffalo was able to keep it to 1 score, I believe we can too, and then anything can happen.

Well it's a shame it is not really supposed to rain and even if it did I'm not sure it would matter.. The Ravens beat the 49ers  in a freaking monsoon, make no mistake about it these Ravens can plan in any weather..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

Well it's a shame it is not really supposed to rain and even if it did I'm not sure it would matter.. The Ravens beat the 49ers  in a freaking monsoon, make no mistake about it these Ravens can plan in any weather..

Also beat Seattle in heavy rain as well. Ravens are the most battle-tested team in the playoffs IMHO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

With AJ's size/strength/speed I'd be surprised if it wasn't Marlon Humphrey covering Brown for a majority of the game

If we go by the assumption, that the Titans will try hard to establish the run, I would not be surprised if we go with our racecar package or what it is called with 3 defensive linemen and 3 outside linebackers. That could potentially leave Peters off the field with Marlon and Jimmy as outside cornerbacks, 1 linebacker, chuck clark and Earl Thomas as safeties

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

Saturday calls for rain, not sure if it lasts in to the night or not.

26 minutes ago, Danand said:

If we go by the assumption, that the Titans will try hard to establish the run, I would not be surprised if we go with our racecar package or what it is called with 3 defensive linemen and 3 outside linebackers. That could potentially leave Peters off the field with Marlon and Jimmy as outside cornerbacks, 1 linebacker, chuck clark and Earl Thomas as safeties

i’m interested to see what the ravens do. i think the patriots were the first team we’ve played all year who committed hard against the play action pass game rather than the run, and obviously derrick henry made them pay for that- but you could argue that it was reasonably successful as we only scored 14 points on offense. it might actually behoove the ravens to mimic that approach, given that it’s a near certainty that they’ll score more than 13 against us.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i’m interested to see what the ravens do. i think the patriots were the first team we’ve played all year who committed hard against the play action pass game rather than the run, and obviously derrick henry made them pay for that- but you could argue that it was reasonably successful as we only scored 14 points on offense. it might actually behoove the ravens to mimic that approach, given that it’s a near certainty that they’ll score more than 13 against us.

It was actually a Dean Pees strategy a couple of years back against the Steelers. He played a very run friendly cover 2 zone defense against the Steelers and in the beginning of the game the Steelers ran right through our defense, but eventually couldn't convert the run games succes to touchdowns. It wound up being a lopsided game which the Ravens controlled as the Steelers couldn't sustain the succes in the running game when they had to play from behind.

Of course this strategy is based on the Ravens scoring points, and I would not be surprised to see the Ravens start out quite aggressive on offense to try and take that scenario away from the Titans. 

I think we have seen almost any team besides the Bills take a conservative approach to offensive playcalling in this years playoffs, and instead of opening fast and aggressive teams have tried to establish their fundamental offense and get into a rythm.