Divisional Round - HOU @ KC

Longhorns90

Who wins?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Houston
    • KC

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Yeah, but it was more of a collapse by the Texans.  Dont ger me wrong, mad props to the Chiefs, but the Texans looked like they barely even cared by the 2nd half.

BoB clearly lost the team.

It nuts how they went up 24 points and the minute the Chiefs scored they just totally collapsed. Honestly I think they were just waiting for it and kind pfnstunned they go out ahead so far. 

I think they gave up last week against the Bills but we couldnt stop tripping over our own ***** to do anything about it.

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

We literally went over this yesterday when the 49ers went up 17. Teams that go up multiple scores win significantly more than lose. 24 points is yeah, 93% win rate. That's functionally over.

These stats don't apply to Mahomes. He can score a couple TD's off of a few plays.

1 minute ago, Drained said:

managers who underperform a little get fired, owners realize that theyre actually sinking money in, while in the NFL, the salary cap, the trade system and the fact every team gets like 300 mil from the NFL a year (which covers the salary for the year usually) means the players aren't actually losing money. If you're the owner of a team and spend 60+ mil in the transfer market and underperform, youre gonna get mad, if youre the owner of a NFL team and you underperform, no biggie, I still got money.

Except "owners" aren't the ones actually spending that money in the transfer window, outside of a very select few.  Far more often than not you see managers fired because the owners see their club slip into the relegation zone and they don't want to lose out on the TV monies that come with staying in the upper division.

It wasn't the Liverpool fans revolting that forced the Moores into selling Liverpool, it was the Bank of Scotland leveraging a sale to happen.  If supporters had the kind of power over ownership you're suggesting, Newcastle fans would have been able to force Mike Ashley out by now.

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Yeah, but it was more of a collapse by the Texans.  Dont ger me wrong, mad props to the Chiefs, but the Texans looked like they barely even cared by the 2nd half.

BoB clearly lost the team.

Agreed. Combination of the two. But it's as if they knew KC was eventually going to run them down. I'm not sure they would've collapsed the same against another team. 

"On third-and-18 yards or more this season, the Chiefs quarterback has completed 10 of 11 passes for almost 21 yards per attempt. He has five first downs, three touchdowns and a perfect passer rating of 158.3."

Same logic applies when we're down multiple scores. Mahomes becomes even deadlier.