Divisional Round - HOU @ KC

Longhorns90

Who wins?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Houston
    • KC

4 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

I hope im wrong. But the more i doubt KC. The more i feel they are about to go win the SB and i will be a whipping boy all offseason. I hope im finally wrong about something this time. 🤔

What?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

I hope im wrong. But the more i doubt KC. The more i feel they are about to go win the SB and i will be a whipping boy all offseason. I hope im finally wrong about something this time. 🤔

Kc not winning the SB won't effect your offseason status. 

18 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

In my crappy opinion, the Super Bowl will be KC at Ravens. And I don't think the chiefs survive. 

Of course, they both have to win this week and KC has its hands full with Texans, who I will tug for, but can't expect the upset. Chiefs have some "even-ing up" to do, due to the losses they took with Mahomes out. They are better than their record, IMO. Yin Yang, Karma, whatever you want to call it. Chiefs will be pumped.

And I mean no disrespect to Texans, but I think they're a team that is "just happy to be there". Hope they prove me wrong. But either way, the superbowl goes through Baltimore.

I respect the Ravens but I am more a Texans fan. Been tugging for them since PManning was terrorizing the AFCS. 

I think the Titans can win, but I don’t think they will. Chiefs are going to be the better coached and prepared squad. While I think Andy Reid can be out coached to give his team the L, I also don’t think BoB is the guy for that particular job. Looked like against the Bills all the Texans stars got together and decided to play backyard football to get the win.

If they can start this game off in a similar fashion I think they’ve got a shot. Especially with JJ Watt looking like a man on a mission in these playoffs. If JJ Watt can continue to play at the level he played last week without an injury... the Texans could complete the upset, dude scares me if the Ravens have to face him, he’s a game wrecker for sure.

• Like 1

Honestly, I think this game isn't going to be that close, for 4 reasons:

1.  Reid is a master at pre-game prep.  He's likely already got plans on how to leverage the biggest mismatches, and man, there are several key ones.

2.  On KC O-side, the 2 big problems I see - HOU has no cover guy that can keep up with Hill or Hardman.   That's a major problem.  And we saw what a pass catching RB does to HOU - D-Williams is a terrible inside / grind-it-out runner, but he's a top 10 receiving back.      You can negate that if you can create pressure on the QB - but HOU had very little pressure this past week, and Mahomes is just that much better than Allen.  

3.  On the KC D-side, the 2 things they do well - cover WR's and get to the QB.    Now, if Fuller is playing, they have a shot - but Fuller's groin injury doesn't give me confidence he's going to be 100 percent even if he does play.   A big change could be the loss of S Thornhill - he was a key part, but even without him, a really unsung part of KC's 2019 season was how well the new secondary gelled.    

4.  Of course, ppl will say HOU beat KC before - but the context was that KC's secondary was in September, and most importantly, Mahomes suffered the HAS, and was a limited shell of who he is now.   And that's a huge X-factor - because basically KC got to see HOU's entire arsenal then, while HOU didn't see KC's full O arsenal with a functionally limited Mahomes.   They will get it this time.

Now, the way HOU could pull off the upset - if Fuller plays at 100 percent, Thornhill's absence is that important, and HOU can get a lead and keep it within a score.   If KC goes up 7+, though - it gets really sticky, because forcing HOU into pass-only mode when the D knows it's coming, that's where KC's sack/TO predatory ways kick in.   The problem I see is that BUF's play-calling and Allen's 4Q/OT meltdown let HOU off the hook - I don't see Mahomes doing even close to that this week (although the longer it stays a 1-score game, the more Andy Reid's horrible clock-management and lack of in-game adjustments can factor in - why I like KC more in games where they are heavily favored than in tight games - because Reid leaves the door open to get outcoached there).  

I don't think it's a blowout, but I think a convincing 35-24 type win is in order, barring a major TO-fest in HOU's favor. 

• Like 1