Divisional Round - HOU @ KC

Longhorns90

Who wins?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Houston
    • KC

7 minutes ago, Split the Sticks said:

And I mean no disrespect to Texans, but I think they're a team that is "just happy to be there". Hope they prove me wrong. But either way, the superbowl goes through Baltimore.

I have to admit you're probably right - the Texans are happy to get that "lose at home on Saturday" stigma off of their shoulders (and against a QB not named Connor Cook or Andy Dalton, no less). Buffalo was a quality opponent, one that will probably run the AFCE once Brady retires.

This being said, that might be a good thing - everyone in that locker room is now looser for getting through that, in dramatic fashion no less. The guys will stop being so tight, play looser and to their skillset, which should make both the offense and defense play better than what we saw Saturday (make no mistake - Saturday was a mess, despite the W).

I don't think it'll lead to a Texans W, but I think it'll be a much closer game than people give it credit for.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I have to admit you're probably right - the Texans are happy to get that "lose at home on Saturday" stigma off of their shoulders (and against a QB not named Connor Cook or Andy Dalton, no less). Buffalo was a quality opponent, one that will probably run the AFCE once Brady retires.

This being said, that might be a good thing - everyone in that locker room is now looser for getting through that, in dramatic fashion no less. The guys will stop being so tight, play looser and to their skillset, which should make both the offense and defense play better than what we saw Saturday (make no mistake - Saturday was a mess, despite the W).

I don't think it'll lead to a Texans W, but I think it'll be a much closer game than people give it credit for.

I also think it will be a lot closer than people are expecting.   Definitely not an easy game for the Chiefs and can’t come out slow.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, x0x said:

With how the playoffs have gone so far? Give me Texans with an energized Watt.

31-27 Texans. I'm not sold with Maholmes, he regressed and is getting more injury risky.

BOB is not going to win this game against Andy Reid off of a bye week. Mahomes hasn't regressed, he's just been banged up but is healthy now.

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

This being said, that might be a good thing - everyone in that locker room is now looser for getting through that

JJ Watt just offering to share his Muscle Milk with all his bros, constantly asking if they need spot, even when they're not in the weight room.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I'm not comfortable with the level of confidence everyone has in KC. I'm still not used to us being that kind of football team. Makes me nervous.

Give Andy an extra week to prepare (vs BOB) and I think he'll deliver
Good luck

• Like 2

Houston’s only hope is that their main playmakers on both sides of the ball carry them. IE Watson going off, Hopkins decimating the Chiefs meh secondary and JJ Watt making Mahomes’ life hell. Otherwise I think the Chiefs win fairly easily. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

You guys sleeping on the Texans again this week just like last week. This will be a shootout. Watson will ball. Chiefs will probably win but it’ll be a last second victory. 

I'll admit it, I thought the Bill's would win in a close game.  Mahomes is the main reason I think KC will win. But the thing is, Watson is an excellent QB. That defense is pretty good too. It wouldnt shock me at all if not only does KC not rout Houston but Houston wins this game. It's a different team than what we have seen in the playoffs before. Its resilient 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You guys sleeping on the Texans again this week just like last week.

Yeah, what idiots those people turned out to be, as Buffalo and Houston tossed the win back and forth like it was a live grenade.

• Like 4