Tom Time

Shady Slim

Brady 2020  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Tom Brady next season is going to...

• Retire
    • Play on for NE
    • Play on for Someone Else (say)

9 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

He needs to go to a team with an elite OL. Like top-3 elite.  The Colts would be a great choice...  They have 11 games indoors next year to help his decrepit arm strength.

Raiders have a Top 5 OL and play 10 games indoors (8 home, Atlanta, LAC). i just can’t see Tom playing for Peytons old team.

Raiders also have two firsts to get a WR and work on defense. We finished 7-9 this year with a very below average QB in Derek Carr. Mayock will nail the draft again as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Raiders have a Top 5 OL and play 10 games indoors (8 home, Atlanta, LAC). i just can’t see Tom playing for Peytons old team.

Raiders also have two firsts to get a WR and work on defense. We finished 7-9 this year with a very below average QB in Derek Carr. Mayock will nail the draft again as well. 

Gruden loves his vet QB’s.  He once tried to convinced washed Jake Plummer to quit pro handball in Idaho to play for the Bucs.  I could definitely see Vegas as a possibility.  

I think Carolina makes sense too but I don’t think he’s going to play for a rookie QB.

Hot take: The NFL suspends Belichick for year, McDaniels is interim HC and Brady plays one more season.  

Just now, BayRaider said:

We get out first round safety Abram back, he got injured in the opener. Max and Ferrell year experience. Plus two first round picks and tons of cap space. 

IIRC, you guys had a ton cap space last year and spent 6 draft picks on the defensive side of the ball in the draft and STILL managed to get worse.

6 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

IIRC, you guys had a ton cap space last year and spent 6 draft picks on the defensive side of the ball in the draft and STILL managed to get worse.

Defense was pretty decent til Burfict got canned for the year. He was great in the 1st quarter of the season, like Pro Bowl Caliber play. Wheels fell off after that. Offense can help defense too. Hard to keep the D rested when you have one of the worst QBs in football. 

We see defenses go from Bottom 5 to Middle of the Pack all the time in the 13-17 range. Once again, we have our first round safety coming back, two first round picks, three third round picks, and a ton of cap space. 

We’ll see. Just saying our D being terrible next year is no where near a foregone conclusion. 

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Defense was pretty decent til Burfict got canned for the year.

Counting on him to not repeat seems to be like playing the lotto. The dirty antics don't stop with him. Burfict is easily my most hated player still playing in the league today. He should've been banned years ago.

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Offense can help defense too. Hard to keep the D rested when you have one of the worst QBs in football. 

Boy do I know lol

I hear ya, but your offense was also the main reason why you guys even won 7 games.

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

We see defenses go from Bottom 5 to Middle of the Pack all the time in the 13-17 range.

And you're absolutely right about this.

Greg Bedard says keep on eye on Saints and Titans. I think Titans make a lot of sense.

Also, new tabloid rumors are saying Tom and G are on the outs, hahaha! So ridiculous. BUT, if they are spending more time apart, it opens up more potential destinations

Vegas and Los Angeles make a lot of sense because of the stadiums and where they are located. It's hard to consider teams like Indianapolis or Tennessee from a lifestyle perspective. The more prolific these players become the free agency market boils down to location, location, location.

Given the 2022 Super Bowl is in Los Angeles and obviously it's just that much closer to post-career Brady though makes me think Chargers.