Patriots Forum History

1ForTheThumb

Ok I'm starting to get ticked off about the ridiculous comments concerning BB.

1. Ex players making negative comment that are foolish.

" Asante Samuel hates how the Patriots treat players, saying Tom Brady was why it worked"  This fool has no idea what 20 years of success mean when you have a frigging CAP.  Yes Brady was a major reason for the success however it was also BB management that had a team in the position for 20 years. Without the surrounding cast, Brady would not of been in position to win all those SBs.  Just think of some of the Pats teams didn't make the SB they were all playoff teams with a chance at winning. Just look at other team in the Cap era. Aron Rogers and Payton Manning, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees  they all are great however they never reach even close to what the Pats accomplish. Why they didn't have BB managing their team. So to all the Ex Pats, shut the hell up and enjoy your rings.

2. BB would not be a great coach if it wasn't for Tom Brady. Duh, no crap.

That can be said with any other coach in history. Walsh had Joe Montana and Jerry Rice. Chuck Noll had HOF-ers on both side of the ball. Don Shula had Dan Marino and Johnny Unitas. Vince Lombardi had a whole team of stars with no Caps restrictions and Tom Landry had Roger  Staubach and Tony Dorsett.  Patriots won the SB six times in 20 year how many did the other win with great players. Crickets! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's one thing to complain about how the NFL treats its players. That's absolutely legitimate and I would likely agree with such criticisms.

Saying that a specific team somehow mistreats its players because it puts limits on how much they'll pay them is goofy as hell when that player is almost certainly going to get the money he wants from another team. Like, you're not gonna be left unemployed just because the Patriots want to spend their money elsewhere. You're still getting paid more in a year than most people will see in a lifetime. Chill the f out. 

• Like 2

The NFL not having guaranteed contracts is insane given the wear and tear the sports puts on players bodies compared to a sport like baseball. From a fan perspective it's great to just be able to cut a player who doesn't perform .. but the guaranteed money is really all that matters, and sometimes we see contracts of 80 million only for 25 million of that to be real money. 

An example of that being Revis' 2 year deal where we all knew year 2 was never going to happen lol 

I don't blame BB for any of that though, he plays the system better than anyone

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

pretty sure ICB started it because he overused the word and then CP called him on missusing it. Not sure what thread though, one of ICB's preview threads?

It became a pretty good meme for that summer. Sort of remember dhunt being involved, but not entirely sure, given it was a decade ago. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 5:36 PM, TomRalph said:

It became a pretty good meme for that summer. Sort of remember dhunt being involved, but not entirely sure, given it was a decade ago. 

There was something about those years on the forum when the team wasn't winning Super Bowls, even beyond the higher activity on the site. Constant energy, good times

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dhunt2402 said:

There was something about those years on the forum when the team wasn't winning Super Bowls, even beyond the higher activity on the site. Constant energy, good times

funny how the glory days of the Pats sub was between 2004 and 2014 lol

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 5:15 PM, HoboRocket said:

Hey guys, I'm here to post in the history forum and let it be known that I am predicting Jarrett Stidham to be a franchise QB. I've posted it before, but never in a thread as important and well-preserved as this.

Still could be the Texans franchise QB.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

See from Webby:

I left the old forum online as an archive for almost 4 years, but will remove it at the end of this month.  If there is an old topic you want saved, you can save it for offline viewing or as a pdf in most browsers.

@1ForTheThumb, thanks for compiling on those links in the OP, but it's time to say goodbye. 

• Like 1