End of the Patriots era?

rocky_rams

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

1. No.  Belichick can win with another QB.

2. The next team with a QB who has so much money they don’t need anymore and thus sign below market value each year that happens to be on a team that has a top 10 defense in points allowed for a 20 year career.

1. I agree, 2. Even then, maybe.

Not enough info. We've had bad(ish) seasons before. We've had 1 and dones under BB and TB. Obviously it's slightly different this time with Tom's age, but we haven't got enough evidence yet. 

I was wondering how we'd know, and I came to the conclusion that it will be when retirements happen and/or we don't make the playoffs.

Having said that, if we played good teams all season this season we'd be like 7-9. 

5 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Brady said unlikely he retires post game so unlikely the run is over as it is most likely Brady will remain on the Patriots.

"hopefully unlikely" 

That's what he said in the press conference.  

Just  because he's making it look like he's not going to retire not even 24 hours after losing a game like that doesn't mean he's going to feel the same way later in the year.  

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

1. No.  Belichick can win with another QB.

Honestly believe Jimmy Garroppolo was Belichick's next chance, and I think he believes that too.  

Belichick had him lined up to replace Brady, and Kraft shot it down.  

So, we'll see if Belichick can either draft (unlikely)  or cherry pick a QB from the free agency that could even remotely match what he could have had.  

7 hours ago, viper952 said:

Lol 

Huh? They just won with Brady last year.

Brady is still elite they just need a real number 1 receiver and a good steady tight end.

Yeah because last year Brady really lit up the Rams defense. Their defense this year was probably the best in the Patriots dynasty and they lost in the WC round. 

It's just my opinion that clearly a lot of people share. 

Edited by LeotheLion

There isn't much chance at all that this is the end of Tom Brady in New England.  Why are they even speculating about this?  Yeah, I know his contract is up after this year, but if you were Robert Kraft, would you just say "I think I'll just let the GOAT go somewhere else and roll the dice with a rookie?"

Brady will definitely be back in New England next season.  They just need to get him a couple of decent receivers, and this draft supposedly has a lot of them.

• Like 1

I'm banking on a Gronk return next season - a year off allowed him to get his body right, and the guy probably doesn't need much to get into football shape. By the end of TC 2020, he'll be back.

Gronk plus a few new weapons on offense (New England will end up drafting a few WRs) will provide Brady with the resources needed to make a huge run next season.