End of the Patriots era?

rocky_rams

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Do you think Brady will play better next season than he did this year? There’s no reason why you can say yes.

Pretty much this. It took Father Time a little while to find Brady but he finally did. And once he gets to you, there's no shaking him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm banking on a Gronk return next season - a year off allowed him to get his body right, and the guy probably doesn't need much to get into football shape. By the end of TC 2020, he'll be back.

Gronk plus a few new weapons on offense (New England will end up drafting a few WRs) will provide Brady with the resources needed to make a huge run next season.

Last I heard he'd lost like 60 lbs. I highly doubt he'll return.

Guys. You're getting it ALL WRONG. BB has had offensive success from Matt Cassell, Jimmy G, and Jacoby Brissett. And that was early in Jimmy and Jacoby's careers. 

Stidham has the tools. He was once hyped up to be the #2 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft (behind Herbert and ahead of Shea Patterson; those consensus early mocks by the media were ROUGH). He showed playmaking and elite ability at Auburn, and had a great sophomore or junior year, but it was a weird situation where he could make every throw, he had athleticism to extend plays and be used in the ground game, but that offense couldn't stay in a rhythm his final year. I bet he is about to blow the roof off this joint (after another year of sitting behind the GOAT Brady).

Though, if Brady DID retire, it would be interesting to see how the world would treat Brees with his contemporaries all either gone or decrepit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

How are the rams one of the worst teams in the league? You clearly don’t watch rams games

I agree they arent anywhere near the worst, but I also dont get how they are one of the top 4 teams going forward as you suggest.

21 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I saw New England fans on twitter burning a Tom Brady jersey and it wouldn't burn. So, I'm going to assume that's a sign of not yet. lol.

Any Pats fan who would burn a Brady jersey is clearly a bandwagon fan.  

• Like 4

You all watched the game.  The Pats WR stink, one of the worst group since 2001. TE they didn't have one.  The Pats need upgrade on 3 positions , WR, TE and NT.  IMO the result would of been different.  Brady's the GOAT and still is deadly but he does need some help !  Good God he had nothing to work with this year.

This year Brady took a beaten physically and ( WRs brain dead ) mentally.  Do you really think done. Give him weapons like KC , than answer the Question !

2 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

"hopefully unlikely" 

That's what he said in the press conference.  

Just  because he's making it look like he's not going to retire not even 24 hours after losing a game like that doesn't mean he's going to feel the same way later in the year.  

“I would say it is pretty unlikely”

That is what he said in the press conference.

Just because he’s not making it look like he’s going to retire not even 24 hours after losing a game like that doesn’t mean he’s not going to feel the same way later in the year.

8 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

How are the rams one of the worst teams in the league? You clearly don’t watch rams games

They are in horrible financial shape. Didn't they also burn all of their draft picks?

6 minutes ago, Elky said:

They are in horrible financial shape. Didn't they also burn all of their draft picks?

Again I dont get this theory the Rams are in horrible financial shape. Unless you are on the Rams staff to know how they structure contracts and you are a pro at it like its just most people theory. Im not an expert but I know those who follow the Rams closely AND are experts at the cap and structure of contracts and they have said numerous of times the Rams arent in horrible financial shape. As for draft picks, the Rams arent wreckless with them. They are methodical. Its not like its bare. Last year the Rams came into the draft with like 7 picks and ended up with 11 picks. They understand compensatory picks and all of that so the average fan will say the Rams just traded their 1st round pick away but the Rams front office is saying yes but they got a generational player in Ramsey for the 20th overall pick and what ever pick they end up with next year more than likely in the 20s again. Thats a steal plus the Rams understand the system where they will still have 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks in where most draft experts will tell you not just last year but this year teams want to get as many 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks as possible because thats where the real values are at. The Rams draft well so they are confident they will find starters if not stars in those rounds so that helps them even more go out and get a Ramsey with their 1st round pick because again you arent finding someone like him with the 20th overall pick. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I'm banking on a Gronk return next season - a year off allowed him to get his body right, and the guy probably doesn't need much to get into football shape. By the end of TC 2020, he'll be back.

Gronk plus a few new weapons on offense (New England will end up drafting a few WRs) will provide Brady with the resources needed to make a huge run next season.

I think the Pats have proven they can't draft skill position players particular WR's over the course of the Brady/Belicheck era. So it'll have to be through free agency.

This decade their only "hits" are James White, Gronkowski (amazing pick) and I guess Sony Michel depending on your opinion of him.

The patriots offense needs to be retooled, that is obvious. Nobody knows if Brady is at NE next year. 

With Dolphins grabbing a lot of draft picks and having a lot of cap space, I'd say the Pats likely won't win the division next year. The AFCE has been waiting for this moment for a long long time.

The "dynasty" as we have known it is very likely over. No Brady, different era.

• Like 1