Jrry32 First Mock Off-Season of 2020 (1/5/20)

jrry32

5 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I never know an idea what to look for in offensive line scouting. How would Biadasz compare to Travis Frederick coming out? 

I hate using this word to describe Travis Frederick, but compared to Biadasz he's more of a finesse blocker.  I don't know that I see the same versatility in Biadasz that jrry does; I see a pure center (a damn good one, but he looks to me like he'd never project to be great enough as a guard to merit moving him off his natural/better position center - you likely get a better performance on the whole out of a lesser guard playing next to him lined up at center than him at guard lined up to a average/good center).  You want someone who can play both spots, though not quite at Biadasz's level as a center, that's Darryl Williams from Mississippi State.

• Like 4

On 1/4/2020 at 9:58 PM, jrry32 said:

Lamp was a favorite of mine from a few years ago who has barely seen the field due to injuries. We need to rescue him from the cursed Chargers. I thought the kid would be a star interior OL because he was a dominant college LT who lacked length. Coming out of college, he had very quick feet, elite grip strength, a strong core, and great hand usage. I think he can still be a player at OG or C if he ever stays healthy.

tumblr_n0cklnLDg71r7s32to10_250.gif

• Like 2

22 hours ago, The LBC said:

I hate using this word to describe Travis Frederick, but compared to Biadasz he's more of a finesse blocker.  I don't know that I see the same versatility in Biadasz that jrry does; I see a pure center (a damn good one, but he looks to me like he'd never project to be great enough as a guard to merit moving him off his natural/better position center - you likely get a better performance on the whole out of a lesser guard playing next to him lined up at center than him at guard lined up to a average/good center).  You want someone who can play both spots, though not quite at Biadasz's level as a center, that's Darryl Williams from Mississippi State.

I think Biadasz has the ability. Frankly, he's a better talent than Blythe. Why would you use him at OG? I'd only see that happening for his rookie year if McVay isn't comfortable with him making the line calls. 

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I think Biadasz has the ability. Frankly, he's a better talent than Blythe. Why would you use him at OG? I'd only see that happening for his rookie year if McVay isn't comfortable with him making the line calls. 

That's kind of my point, I wouldn't use him there.  I have trouble envisioning a situation where the need would even come about unless someone like Alex Mack (and even he's trailed off a bit as he's gotten in the tail end of his career) or Maurkice Pouncey were to come as free agents (highly, highly unlikely).  He's better now than than Allen is (or ever has been), and - frankly - I'd sooner have the better talent at center, particularly given with Goff's lack of mobility, he's going to need to become more disciplined in stepping forward into the pocket to evade pressure (same thing Rivers had to learn).  Given that I feel like Biadasz has Pro Bowl center upside, only an established Pro Bowl center would also being on the roster would be grounds to move him from his strongest position.

Side note: Just noticing, and I'm guessing you're lumping him into the "competition," but I have to figure if Whitworth comes back, and he's healthy again, the LG spot is Noteboom's to lose unless he's moved to RT and Havenstein kicked inside, which I see as far less likely than the former.