Jump to content
ET80

AFC Divisional Round: Houston Texans vs Kansas Chiefs GDT

Recommended Posts

Here we go again... Back to KC!

Can Watson and Co. pull off a W again, like they did earlier this season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, I much prefer this matchup compared to the Ravens one

But Mahomes is back to healthy and Reid has gotten his bye week. I'm not sure if we can pull the upset again, but I don't think it's impossible either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Longhorns90 said:

I mean, I much prefer this matchup compared to the Ravens one

But Mahomes is back to healthy and Reid has gotten his bye week. I'm not sure if we can pull the upset again, but I don't think it's impossible either

I'd rather play playoff Andy Reid over playoff John Harbaugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's more post-bye Reid than playoff Reid that I'm worried about

He's 22-3, including 5-0 in the playoffs when he gets an extra week

But yeah, I'd still take the Chiefs over the Ravens as opponents 100 times out of 100. And that's not really a slight on the Chiefs so much as how scary the Ravens are right now, tbh

Edited by Longhorns90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image result for afc divisional logo

 

Image result for texas vs chiefs

 

2:05 PM CT

CBS

 

I'm worried this time around.  It will be hard to beat the Chiefs a 2nd time at their place in the same season.  When we beat them Mahomes was hobbled.  Chiefs defense looks to be improved this time around as well.  We better not start slow against them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d prefer the ravens. They destroyed us which would force BOB and the moron squad to change things up. Instead he’s gonna come out with the same game plan he had when we beat a struggling Chiefs team. This isn’t that same team. 
 

chiefs 41-17 in this one. Reid is gonna coach circles around BOB and Mahomes will throw for 300 yards and 4 TDs by halftime. Blow out from the beginning. 
 

still it was a nice run of a season and we have some pieces in place for next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my bad @ET80i didnt know you made a thread.  lol

disagee @Pastor Dilloni'd glad we facing the chiefs.  it would have been annoying seeing us try and stop lamar jackson running.  plus the ravens defense is much better.  at this point you might as well play the weaker team that has the bye. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

my bad @ET80i didnt know you made a thread.  lol

disagee @Pastor Dilloni'd glad we facing the chiefs.  it would have been annoying seeing us try and stop lamar jackson running.  plus the ravens defense is much better.  at this point you might as well play the weaker team that has the bye. 

No worries, yours was MUCH better. I merged your thread into mine so we can go off of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Throw conventional wisdom out the window. The 2-1 formula is the only thing that matters here. 

See you guys in the AFC championship thread vs Baltimore 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chiefs defense is just as garbage as ours, if O'Brien breaks out some kind of creativity and Watson shows up we have a legitimate chance in a shootout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bleacher Report saying that Fuller fully expected to play vs the Chiefs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watson is 1 TD pass away from the all time Texans playoff record. He’s currently tied with Brock and Schaub at....2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Drained said:

Chiefs defense is just as garbage as ours, if O'Brien breaks out some kind of creativity and Watson shows up we have a legitimate chance in a shootout.

chiefs didnt have chris jones and anthony hitchens in our regular season meeting vs them.  their defense has been improving since that matchup as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve never been blown out in the divisional round, so we will get to experience that. Should be fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We’ve never been blown out in the divisional round, so we will get to experience that. Should be fun. 

I really don't think we'll get blown out - I think the team got the proverbial monkey of their back by beating a quality team with a quality QB, in comeback fashion.

I think the mood is a bit lighter, I think the guys are a bit looser. They won't win, but they won't be pressing too hard trying to make a big play out there.

Won't equate to a win, but it'll give them a better performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×