AFC Divisional Round: Houston Texans vs Kansas Chiefs GDT

ET80

24 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

LOL you went into full prophet of doom mode in this thread and turned out correct in end.  

@Pastor Dillon and @Texansfan713 have been calling this for 5+ years. We've all slowly been buying into it, but I think the last two years have been turbocharged this belief.

It took me a bit, and I'll give credit at times to this staff, but these two are spot on for the most part.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

@Pastor Dillon and @Texansfan713 have been calling this for 5+ years. We've all slowly been buying into it, but I think the last two years have been turbocharged this belief.

It took me a bit, and I'll give credit at times to this staff, but these two are spot on for the most part.

BOB was just a bad hire from the beginning.  The guy was an offensive coordinator for the patriots, which is one of the most worthless jobs in football. Then he goes to Penn State and is a decent college college for a school with nothing to play for. 

our ownership had two goals: be the patriots and get a coach with HC experience. We failed on both accounts. 

pretty much everyone in the early years was saying that BOB treated everyone like they were in college. We constantly heard the narrative that he was losing the lockeroom. 

then there was the revolving door at QB and BOB refusing to stick with someone. 

he’s gotten two different GMs fired in his time because he can’t seem to develop talent. 

he also has zero accountability when it comes to his coaches. Our o-line coach should be fired, as should our DC at the least but he won’t do that. 

then there is The football knowledge issue. He’s simply terrible at everything a head coach should be. He’s at times a decent offensive coordinator, though he tends to get away from what works when it’s working. But the HC needs to be able to put a complete game plan together, make calls about 4th down and fake punts, use time outs wisely, know when to challenge and understand the 2 minute drill. He lacks in all those areas, and that’s the down fall of our team. 

• Like 1

BoB messed up a lot of things during this game despite being gifted a start that could not have been more perfect,  but the thing I keep coming back to is what he did 2 weeks ago. BoB let Gipson play in week 17 for no reason when he was already hurt and knowing that they had to go through Kelce and KC. Gipson was brought in specifically for these scenarios and he didn’t even get a chance to play in it because BoB is such an idiot. If Kelce was held to 4 catches and 58 yards, like he was in Week 6, things could have ended differently (likely would have lost in hard breaking fashion though, but just would have been closer).

• Like 2