Why is this forum so dead?

Letsch80

30 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

Well lets hear it, go ahead and open a few threads worthwile posting dude!

icon_lol.gif

1 hour ago, Letsch80 said:

Seriously here we are the #1 seed in the playoffs hosting a playoff game next week and there are nothing but crickets in here.. The Browns may be an embarrassment but their board puts us to shame!! 

It's because we're waiting for game day and have talked about all the important stuff already. Don't worry, as it gets closer to game time you'll get all the action you're lookin' for. And the Browns forum got all that action for all the wrong reasons. Trying to figure out...

1. Why they are frauds

2. Why they have a new coach every 3 months

3. And if the Factory of Sadness will come to an end one day

And I love to see it. Keep Brown'ing. icon_lol.gif

Edited by RavensfanRD
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

icon_lol.gif

It's because we're waiting for game day and have talked about all the important stuff already. Don't worry, as it gets closer to game time you'll get all the action you're lookin' for. And the Browns forum got all that action for all the wrong reasons. Trying to figure out...

1. Why they are frauds

2. Why they have a new coach every 3 months

3. And if the Factory of Sadness will come to an end one day

And I love to see it. Keep Brown'ing. icon_lol.gif

I am just new to this forum and I just noticed that our forum seemed more dead than most.. 

I totally understand your reasoning 😊

We're super active on gameday. I could be wrong but honestly, I believe a lot of the posters in this forums prefer quality over quantity as far as posting goes. 

My temperature of this group is we're very analytical. We're in our own heads all week. I have a nervous energy and keep repeatedly breaking down how this game could go in my mind. It's not that it's "dead" . It's that we're the one seed and we're simply awaiting our game patiently. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

We're super active on gameday. I could be wrong but honestly, I believe a lot of the posters in this forums prefer quality over quantity as far as posting goes. 

My temperature of this group is we're very analytical. We're in our own heads all week. I have a nervous energy and keep repeatedly breaking down how this game could go in my mind. It's not that it's "dead" . It's that we're the one seed and we're simply awaiting our game patiently. 

I think this is accurate. Compared to other forums which has a lot of "yeah Boys, we going to win, beelee dat, go Ravens, whooo", we have a lot of quite elaborate posts about what we have seen from our team, the one we face and what strengths and weaknesses are.

I also think a reason to why we don't post much atm is because we are still not in full draft mode, we know we have been weak against the runs to the outside which Henry is so good at but we also know we have adjusted in games to shut it down. We know what we are good at on offense, an I think most of us doubt we will suddenly employ a different gameplan featuring deep throws against a team that play a lot of single high looks but use the Dean Pees zone scheme until forced to change.

So in general I don't think we have so much to do analysing the game, we are just anxious and are looking forward to it. Also, I think most of us try to stay out of NFL gen during the week

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Pretty much. There isn't a whole lot of bloat posting going on in this forum. At this point in the season we've already debated basically every nuance of the team. Now it's time to enjoy the ride until game-day. The Titans breakdowns will likely be coming shortly. 

Also, there would be a lot more posts if there was some measure of strife afflicting the team. That's candy to our typing fingers around here. xD

• Like 2

I for one have been a bit flabbergasted as a fan this year. I was always optimistic about Lamar, but to have him blow up as a dominant, MVP player at age 22 has blown my mind. 

Also it is easier to be make critical posts. Just gushing about how awesome our team is can be boring.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

We're super active on gameday

For the number of posters we have, I'd agree

2 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I could be wrong but honestly, I believe a lot of the posters in this forums prefer quality over quantity as far as posting goes. 

Seems so. Memeing and ishposting is what reddit is for

17 minutes ago, drd23 said:

For the number of posters we have, I'd agree

Seems so. Memeing and ishposting is what reddit is for

I think we are a handful of guys who also post from different time zones which could be a factor if we are, what, 15 different posters as regulars?

On 1/5/2020 at 10:03 AM, Letsch80 said:

I am just new to this forum and I just noticed that our forum seemed more dead than most.. 

I totally understand your reasoning 😊

It used to be more lively back in my day.:D

And more lively still back in @BaltimoreTerp day as mod. But the more interesting forum topics typically come in the form of mock drafts and draft prospects and the excitement of being able to field a SB team. So back in 06 before Flacco arrived this forum was popping. There were a lot of theories on what we could do and which directions we could go... but now, most are on the same page with what the Ravens like to do, we all pretty much like the same prospects with what the Ravens typically do, so there’s less debate. We give out a lot of likes around here. When your team sucks likes the Browns and EVERYTHING can be improved (though TBF they’re not as bad as in years past for sure) everything is on the table. What coach to target, what players in the draft, what FA moves... all we’ve got is will Judon and/or Jimmy be back or not at this point... especially since DeCoasta gives all these early extensions.

• Like 1

Yep. To echo what others are saying, it’s typically most active on (and immediately after) game days, then the offseason. This forum as a whole is true to the name Football’s FUTURE. You’ll see a ton of posts about FA, draft and 2020 season hypotheticals and what could bes. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Haven't seen him since the game lol he came in, talked A LOT of smack, then just poof. Gone.

If he wasn’t as in the know with the team as he seemed, I would’ve thought he was that Kirill guy, which I say that to mean... they’re both the dummy account for some other poster for another team.

edit: Though maybe he’s Ravens5255 and was waiting for a Ravens SB win to present the big reveal. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by diamondbull424