Matching Up vs. TEN

Letsch80

So how do you see this one shaking out? 

I'm thinking something like 34-17 Ravens. After watching last nights game I just can't see the Titans slowing down our running game,  especially never having seen it before.. I also think the obvious game plan is slowing down Henry,  if they do that I don't think Tannehill can carry their offense vs our past defense.. 

Thoughts? 

I'm concerned about Henry and their rushing attack. Tannehill? Not so much. He's been competent, but I don't see him decimating the defense when they have to pass. And they will. Pees isn't scheming anything to stop this offense. The Titans are going to have to outscore the Ravens and I don't see it happening. Something like 33-20 sounds right.

Also, I'm going to change the title of this thread. It's too much like a GDT thread and this is not that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

I fully expect the Titans to get that workout plan. I'm thinking 40-17. Hope even more so since their fans talkin' slick. Love to see it!

I’ve been online For the past 12 hours it feels like because of the High  from the win last night and I have seen wayyyyy more Raven fans saying there going to blow the Titans out then any titan fans talking smack . I think the fans that are just excited about knocking off the pats , I don’t think anyone is overly confident in beating the super bowl favorite Ravens .  That being said it’s definitely not impossible . 

A lot of people don’t watch the Titans but since Tanehill took over they’ve been averaging 33 points a game , last night the Pats took away the playaction and wanted Henry  to beat them in the first half . Which he was until Bill B starting to stack the box in the 2nd half . At that point nothing was stopping Henry so the Titans stuck to the game plan , I see a lot of Raven fans blasting Tannehill but 1 bad game doesn’t take away the 9 games he’s been fantastic in. Ravens have more to worry about then just Henry . 

Should  be a good game , good luck , 40-17 in the divisional round is a slap in the face though. 

Edited by FutureIsWhite
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, FutureIsWhite said:

I’ve been online For the past 12 hours it feels like because of the High  from the win last night and I have seen wayyyyy more Raven fans saying there going to blow the Titans out then any titan fans talking smack . I think the fans that are just excited about knocking off the pats , I don’t think anyone is overly confident in beating the super bowl favorite Ravens .  That being said it’s definitely not impossible . 

A lot of people don’t watch the Titans but since Tanehill took over they’ve been averaging 33 points a game , last night the Pats took away the playaction and wanted Henry  to beat them in the first half . Which he was until Bill B starting to stack the box in the 2nd half . At that point nothing was stopping Henry so the Titans stuck to the game plan , I see a lot of Raven fans blasting Tannehill but 1 bad game doesn’t take away the 9 games he’s been fantastic in. Ravens have more to worry about then just Henry . 

Should  be a good game , good luck , 40-17 in the divisional round is a slap in the face though. 

I think most of us recognize the season Tannehill has had and especially the AJ Brown connection. I can't fault Ravens fans for being optimistic either. We have shown that we can handle rushers and passing attacks at the levels of the Titans and I think most agrees our offense is better than the Patriots. We are healthy, had the extra bye week to prepare and we have the home field, so everything is set for a Ravens win.

But any given sunday and all that, we can argue that the Titans get some scores from Henry and Brown, Tannehill will be able to handle the blitz, Marcus Peters will make a bad call and get beat deep and on defense the titans pass rush can get home with 4, Ravens can be rusty, that Byard guy is pretty good at getting picks and the Ravens doesn't exactly have world beaters at wide receiver.

Neither team are explosive on special teams from what I have seen of the Titans, so any contribution here could be huge.

• Like 1

Maybe I was just sleeping on their presence here, but the Titan fans in NFL Gen seem toxic AF. They're setting themselves up for a pretty big let down and I'm not sure why. What do they think is gonna happen? Henry goes for 200+ and Tannehill tosses 5 TDs, all while our historic team collapses? :S It's deluded. They have a good solid team and some decent momentum, but christ... It's like everyone but us has been watching a different NFL this year.

This Ravens' squad really isn't going to get the respect they deserve until we hoist the Lombardi. Which will happen shortly. 

Should be a fun game, that sets a good physical tone going into the AFCC game against KC. Then I'm guessing we'll get the SF SB rematch. 

Anyone have predictions for a Ravens 'sleeper who might break out during this championship run in a major way? 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Maybe I was just sleeping on their presence here, but the Titan fans in NFL Gen seem toxic AF. They're setting themselves up for a pretty big let down and I'm not sure why. What do they think is gonna happen? Henry goes for 200+ and Tannehill tosses 5 TDs, all while our historic team collapses? :S It's deluded. They have a good solid team and some decent momentum, but christ... It's like everyone but us has been watching a different NFL this year.

This Ravens' squad really isn't going to get the respect they deserve until we hoist the Lombardi. Which will happen shortly. 

Should be a fun game, that sets a good physical tone going into the AFCC game against KC. Then I'm guessing we'll get the SF SB rematch. 

Anyone have predictions for a Ravens 'sleeper who might break out during this championship run in a major way? 

Hayden Hurst because I still believe. Roman needs to unleash this beast! He's more athletic than Boyle, let my mans juice the defense.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

They are just riding high after knocking off New England and can't really think objectively at the moment.. Reality will set in shortly 😁

i feel them TEN fans are vastly overrating their teams play thus far.

they have one quality win against KC week 10 (against a hobbled Mahomes iirc).

other than that? losses against any quality opponent in NO and HOU (when the outcome actually mattered to the Texans week 15).

i can respect going into Bostion and beating the Pats on home turf but NE is not the class of the AFC anymore, obviously.

so... yeah, they probably are in for a rude awakening come Sat evening (night here in Germany). how any sane person can trust Dean Pees to game plan _successfully_ against this very unique offense is beyond me. its not like we have one succesfull scripted first drive like BUF only to then have the offense go full dull mode. this is onslaught for 4 quarters. good luck.

• Like 1

The only thing I don’t like is the forecast is calling for rain against the Titans... think it benefits a runner like Derrick Henry and doesn’t benefit Lamar as much. This is also weather where I would prefer us to lean on Gus Edwards rushing style as he similarly would be a hammer that’s difficult to tackle. Open it up with him and then attack with Ingram vs the other way around.

If the rain isn’t a big deal in this matchup then I like our chances to really turn it on. Weather has proven to be the only kryptonite to this offense. But even then its usually a great defense we’re facing as well. The Titans aren’t a bad defense but aren’t the class of the NFL either. We should be able to win this in rainy conditions by 10 points, I’ll say.