A Dougie P Thread: Confidence in Pederson?

Phire

6 minutes ago, Phire said:

If he were fired this year... probably an internal hire. Schwartz makes the most sense given he has actual HC experience. If Doug were fired mid-season for some reason, he's the likely guy to take things over (unless Reich has HC experience I'm forgetting). It's also possible we fire Doug without any sort of plan. I don't think we had much of a plan when we fired Andy or Doug. You go through the interviewing process and make a decision then, I think there's a big problem if our FO knew before firing Doug who they want as a replacement.

Do you think if he's doing a great job with Carson, that they'd go with John DeFilippo over Reich? (which could result in both Doug and Reich leaving in one year)

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Do you think if he's doing a great job with Carson, that they'd go with John DeFilippo over Reich? (which could result in both Doug and Reich leaving in one year)

I think that would be a big factor, it would honestly depend on whether DeFilippo could do the HC job, which is a position he has never had, and has been an NFL OC for one year in Cleveland before coming here. Think his lack of experience hurts him a lot here, even Doug has more NFL experience and he was considered relatively inexperienced.

Unlike his predecessor, Pederson will switch up some of his practice format to pit the starting offense against the starting defense and backups versus the backups across three separate fields. Even assistant coaches will be split up.Reid, the former Eagles coach who’s been coaching Kansas City since 2013, preferred to have his starters battle backups, a simulation of the regular season when starters work against the scout team.

“The only difference, this year, is we’re continue to develop the whole roster by splitting the fields, so work the ones here, the twos and threes, so everyone is getting equal reps on those days,” Pederson said during a roundtable chat with reporters earlier this summer. “There’s five days we’re going to do that, so that’ll probably be the only difference you’ll see in camp this year.”

The way I see this playing out is Doug being around for another year or two and then getting fired for a well established coach. 

Hopefully, Carson has developed by then. That might be a draw for some good coaches. 

On 7/19/2017 at 5:42 PM, Kiltman said:

I don't see why they wouldn't just move people up the ladder. If they gave Reich the HC DeFilippo should move up to OC.

9 hours ago, Phire said:

Unlike his predecessor, Pederson will switch up some of his practice format to pit the starting offense against the starting defense and backups versus the backups across three separate fields. Even assistant coaches will be split up.Reid, the former Eagles coach who’s been coaching Kansas City since 2013, preferred to have his starters battle backups, a simulation of the regular season when starters work against the scout team.

“The only difference, this year, is we’re continue to develop the whole roster by splitting the fields, so work the ones here, the twos and threes, so everyone is getting equal reps on those days,” Pederson said during a roundtable chat with reporters earlier this summer. “There’s five days we’re going to do that, so that’ll probably be the only difference you’ll see in camp this year.”

I like the starters against the starters, my only dilemma would be how would someone currently slated as a back-up crack into a starters but I guess that's a regular issue no matter what units face each other.

Archived