Playoff Week 2: Houston at Arrowhead

onejayhawk

The first game is set and it isn't the Patriots. Tennessee was convincing in their win in Foxborough. We will see if they can win in Baltimore. That's a game I plan to follow.

For us, we get a second chance at the Texans. Weather should be perfect--clear and a little chilly. 

J

Normally we should win this game, especially since we had a bye week and Andy is just so good after bye weeks. But it's still just one game and anything can happen, so i'm always a little bit skeptical about it. I hope it works out and we'll get another chance in the AFC Championship Game. Through who ever we would face there could be a very, very tough opponent for us. Not only as a team, but also scheme wise, as i'm not feeling super confident playing against 2 run heavy teams with such a great running game. That would be real test for our team, whether it's championship material or not. But we have to beat the Texans first. The offense need to click. The defense needs to continue their play and the coaches need to do a good job as well. Tough game and i'm happy that it's the early sunday game, so i can watch it.

4 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I just noticed we haven’t put Thornhill on IR or signed anyone to take his spot. I wonder if that’s going to happen. 

Guess his replacement is on the PS, thus practicing. They may be waiting if  injury strikes throughout the week. Whatever, whoever will be brought up will most likely be inactive anyway with all Hands on deck (save Thornhill).

I think we're better than we were when we faced HST last time around (healthy Mahomes, Hill, Clark, Jones, Watkins), when I don't see them as particularly improved. I don't think that week 6 matchup as particularly relevant.

Under Mahomes, we've lost only twice by scoring 25 or less points - weeks 5 and 6 this year with an injured PM. To beat us, you need to outscore us. I think Houston has that ability, more than BUF or NE anyway, which is why I'm not particlarly happy about this weekend results.

If we can stop their running game, I'm confident we will win this game, pretty handily too. Their defense isn't great. That's the key, and we'll see if the improvements seen on run D in the 2nd half of the year were for real.

FBO has their weekly update out. Wit the Patriots losing, the Chiefs move up one to #2, behind Baltimore. We split out #3, #14, #2. What a difference a 100 yard KO return can make. 

Houston is #19, split out #17, #26, #5. That said, Deandre Hopkins and JJ Watt returned from injury last weekend and should be closer to full speed against us. 

Weather update. Snow predicted for Saturday, but ending before midnight. Mostly sunny and temperature near freezing for game time.

J

Edited by onejayhawk