Would we be playing the Saints today?

Doc Draper

Would we be playing the Saints today?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. If Bruce signed Cousins?

• Yes
    • No

45 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

And lack of receiving targets too.  Cousins would have us around 6-7 wins though.  

I don’t know, Cousins throwing to any receiving targets - even the ones he had in 2017 w/ Grant being his most consistent WR while Doctson did very little and Crowder dropping big passes and  playing with a hurt hamstring - would have us at 8 wins I think, but @Thaiphoon is right, bc our D has been mostly awful all decade and our running game is consistent I don’t think we would have won the division, but we may have. 

Terry McLaurin would have and a much bigger rookie year with Cousins throwing him the ball, definitely over 1000 yards and probably 10-20 more receptions.

Also, if we had won the division, we’d be playing the Seahawks at home, not the Saints.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

Rex Grossman & Trent Dilfer won playoff games.

I don't care, this had been the measuring stick for Kirk for 5 years that he couldn’t win big games, we'll he just did so the cities have to eat CROW!!

No moving the goal post either!

• Like 1

@aceinthehouse Also, Rex Grossman and Trent Dilfer never threw for over 4,000 yards and near or over 30 TDs 5 times in 5 years as a starter.

Grossman and Dilfer’s team's won despite them being their QB. Kirk Cousins is a reason wis the Vikings won their playoff game today and in DC he and the passing game were almost always the sole season we won any games from 2015-2017.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

When Cousins wins a Super Bowl, I'll eat crow & say we screwed up letting him go.

Until then, I'll chalk it up as Minn playing great D & Cousins not doing anything to screw it up.

Either way, I'm glad we have Haskins.

Hopefully, he can win a playoff game before he hits 30 & not go 1 & a gazillion vs winning teams.

Oh..sorry

2 & a gazillion...lol 🏈😃

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Rex Grossman & Trent Dilfer won playoff games.

Dilfer also won a SB. Does that invalidate any of Brady's SB wins?

Yes, other QBs won playoff games. But the knock on Kirk was that he could not win in crunch time.

Rewatch that game and tell me that Cousins didn't show up and lead that team (especially in OT on the GW drive). You can't.

• Like 1